Author Topic: Wilton House Classic and Supercar Event - 3/4th June 2017  (Read 628 times)

Offline Colin

• Events Manager
  • 695 Member
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: RX65URG
Wilton House Classic and Supercar Event - 3/4th June 2017
« on: February 14, 2017, 03:38:47 PM »
Anyone who has previously attended the Wilton House Supercar event was doubtless as disappointed as I was when it was not held in 2016. The reason given was that following the success of extending it from 1 to days, the organisers decided to enlarge it still further and they ran out of time to do so in 2016, promising that we would get something really special in 2017. Sure enough, Lord Pembroke's team announced dates of 3 and 4th June a few weeks ago, and now some more details are starting to emerge.

The all-new event will be far broader in its scope and attractions than anything staged at Wilton before. Held under the auspices of the brand’s new tag line, ‘Celebrating The Stories Behind The Cars We Love’ the whole weekend will be dedicated to the people who made – and make – automotive history. It is, in a sense, a story-telling festival for cars, anchored around the brand’s new website, which has recently been launched as a story-telling portal for enthusiasts. You can see that at:  www.wiltonclassicsupercar.co.uk. Around 650 supercars and exceptional classics will be participating  over the weekend through such main event attractions as the Wilton 100 – the "Concours d’Histoire", the "Wilton 6 Nations" and the "Wilton Wow!" These displays will form only part of a what promises to be a fantastic event.

Also part of the new show, there will be a dedicated zone for car clubs, with a particular request for one-make car clubs to display their best selection of cars.  We have the opportunity to be one of those Clubs. Space is limited, so each selected Club (and only 30 or so Clubs will be successful in their applications, I am advised), will get a plot with room for 10 cars, and the organisers will also provide us with picnicking and associated furniture (tables, brollies, benches etc). The siting will be adjacent to the main retail area, and within a very close walk to Wilton House and the centre of the event. Those lucky enough to get one of these coveted slots will only need to pay the standard admission charge (£25 per head). 

Please be aware that access to the display area will be on what the organisers describe as ground which is "agricultural in nature" and they point out that cars with limited ground clearance may find the terrain imperils the lower portions of their cars unduly.

If you would be interested in attending, please post below to tell me that, and state your preference for the Saturday or Sunday. I cannot guarantee anyone a place at this point, as we will only have 10 places on each of the Saturday or Sunday. Note that among the criteria I will apply in selecting who gets to represent us will be the need for variety in our display.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 04:19:59 PM by Colin »
Abarth 595 Competizione 180: Cordolo Red: Red Leather Sabelts: Skydome

It replaced: 

Abarth 500 NP: Pasadoble Red: Red Leather: SkyDome: Climate: 17" Petals

Offline Rizler

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
Re: Wilton House Classic and Supercar Event - 3/4th June 2017
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 04:33:29 PM »
I am assuming it will be classics on the first day and supercars (modern) on the 2nd day as a couple of years back? If so I will be coming to the Sunday was a great day out last time!

Offline Colin

• Events Manager
  • 695 Member
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: RX65URG
Re: Wilton House Classic and Supercar Event - 3/4th June 2017
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 02:20:31 PM »
Very sad to report that I've just had an email from the organisers advising that owing to circumstances beyond their control, the entire event has had to be cancelled.
Abarth 595 Competizione 180: Cordolo Red: Red Leather Sabelts: Skydome

It replaced: 

Abarth 500 NP: Pasadoble Red: Red Leather: SkyDome: Climate: 17" Petals