Author Topic: Airwerks Conversion  (Read 9447 times)

CB

Re: Angel Tuning Airwerks Conversion
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2015, 10:20:55 PM »
Great wheels Jack,Matt looks good against black or white👍

Offline Maloutant

• 695 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2015, 10:32:44 PM »
Maloutant - come as it would be last meet up before cold, brrrrrr winter. As Chris said it will be nice and sunny so there isn't no reason for you not to join a funny lots, hilarious boys from the east, west, south, north of UK with all  our lovely bright colours of Abarth ;D ;D ;D[/move

Lady Maloutant we need you to joins us for the good time of fun, laugh and more unexpected din't know what but I'm selling to you so you should buy it.... :P
oh Oliver, you are the best  8). There should be more like you in the world. Well, I can't promise, but let me see what I can do.  :)

olivabih77

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2015, 10:37:11 PM »
Promise...Promise ;D ;D

Offline Maloutant

• 695 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2015, 10:44:22 PM »
 ;D

Offline badbox

• Abarth Novice
  • Romeo Ferraris Cinquone
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2015, 01:50:37 AM »
Are you using the ITg induction kit they have just developed? Angel have been working on mine a few months back and we still waiting for this box from ITG to get the full potential of the head work they did on mine and remap that was not working too well with the standard air box
Romeo Ferraris Cinquone
Red wide body Manual hatchback 265bhp
Black 595 Competizione Convertible MTA 180bhp

CB

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2015, 07:40:53 AM »
Yes it's the new airbox,I had the 1st one,it's a great bit of kit,the gains are unbelievable even on a standard car with a map,with this and the headwork your car will absolutely fly,sounds great too,especially with some turbo flutter😙

Offline badbox

• Abarth Novice
  • Romeo Ferraris Cinquone
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2015, 07:57:51 AM »
my car was in therealmost a year ago, Rob did all the head work and then the car was sat at angel for a couple months until the ITG induction was designed. They used my car to scan the engine bay etc. once ITG started delays on releasing it I had to ask for my car back. it was a nightmare cause the car was running lean due to what they say was 18 percent more air flow from the head but without that inductiuon was not able to draw that amount in. Car was not drivable for close to a year. spoke to them a few weeks ago and they said they had another 500 to test run and were waiting for a hose to be changed before release. Most be your car then. hopefully in a couple weeks I get the box the remapped properly. Finally after almost a year. It almost turned nasty had I been another customer legal action might have been taken cause They could used my original head to work on and sold it to someone else (might be you lol). So basically the car could not be put back to normal . I had bought another head especailly so the car was not out of action . A nightmare really. Others would have been on the forums coating Angel and Rob off. Tom is top boy actually but overall the experince has been a nightmare. the car in complete after a year. Lucky I have the Romeo ferraris to drive about otherwise ........Anyway hopefully the ending product will be worth it. So you running 250bhp? have you front mounted intercooler? Rolling road test?

glad to hear your cars its running good, apparently thjis phaze 2 ITG induction is not to be messed with, sounds like the bizz !!
Romeo Ferraris Cinquone
Red wide body Manual hatchback 265bhp
Black 595 Competizione Convertible MTA 180bhp

CB

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2015, 08:38:07 AM »
You won't be disappointed with the induction kit,I'm pretty sure it could suck up a small dog )if you go through Tom he will sort you out👍
All the calculations for the power are done through equations,flow through head,fueling,induction,exhaust flow,the amount of air the turbo can push,,Tom doesn't use dynos to map or tune the car as knows what it's going to make,it's fascinating stuff,very very clever.
We did have the car on a dyno a few weeks ago just to check that the calculations were correct as Tom had  the car running on a file he had written specifically for it as it would not run on the standard ECU,the car was on smaller injectors than we have now and ran out of fuel up top and only ran 1 bar of boost as the gasket to the exhaust was blowing,we made 230bhp at 1 bar which was the expected figure,also hit 200 bhp by 3k,also the induction kit will not work on a dyno as there is no pressure being created so the car actually feels a lot more powerful out on the road,the turbo is not on full chat till about 4k though,from this point each 0.1 bar=10 more bhp,running about 1.2 bar now but over boosts to 1.4.
The turbo is rated to 2.0 bar so lots of  headroom😙
The standard intercoolers are extremely efficient and work really well  on the standard turbo but this turbo has a huge hot side which creates a lot of heat
I will need to sort the cooling out,we jacked up the bonnet by 10mm to help things out,Tom done some calculations for a front mount but it won't be efficient enough because it will back straight onto the radiator which in turn backs onto the aircon thus heating up the engine as a whole,so any cooling gained will then be negated by the hot rad,the side mounted intercoolers are the way to go as they are super efficient as the heat is litterally sucked out into the wheel arches instead of soaking into the rad.
Tom is going to design some new side intercoolers and pipe work for me when he gets the time so there should be a viable alternative in the UK to a front mount,g tech in Germany have UPRATED side ones.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 09:32:53 AM by CB »

olivabih77

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2015, 08:39:03 AM »
Speaking about induction kit...tell me what does includes Induction kit?

CB

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2015, 08:46:34 AM »
I'll take a pic of it and post it up once I'm dressed,that black paint work is very reflective!!!!!! ::)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 08:59:47 AM by CB »

CB

« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2015, 10:08:48 AM »
Hi Oliver,here are some pics of the induction kit,the last one is a view from behind the scuttle panel😑

olivabih77

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2015, 10:20:40 AM »
Cheers CB. Could you explain me to do this, how much money we are talking and with the pictures, expain me one by one step what means. I do want to learn slowly all about tunning up car. Please understand, my engiish isn't first language so if you don't mind.

Offline 595girlie

• 695 Member
  • Hanging out the washing is a dangerous sport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2015, 12:34:50 PM »
Wow, brilliant work! This sounds like a beast. So glad you've got the car back and are happy with it.

And welcome back to you too! Would love to see this car in the flesh.
595 Competizione | Campovolo Grey | Red Mirrors | Side Stripes | Chequered Roof | Red Leather Sabelts | Interscope | Heko Wind Deflectors | Forge Induction Hose | Novitec Lowering Springs | Airtec FMIC | Milltek Turbo Back Exhaust | Forge Actuator | IHI Hybrid Turbo | ProAlfa Remap

CB

« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2015, 01:57:05 PM »
Thanks,its great fun,can't stop laughing when boost comes in,it's ridiculous😎

CB

« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2015, 01:57:58 PM »
Just put this on ;D