Author Topic: Abarth Owners Club at Donington Historic Festival: 30th Apr to 2nd May 2016  (Read 2799 times)

Offline Colin

• Events Manager
  • 695 Member
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: RX65URG
I am delighted to be announce that Abarth Owners Club will be one of the participating clubs at the Donington Historic Festival, held at Donington Park from  April 30 to May 2nd 2016.

We will have a reserved infield car parking area, and a discounted ticket offer, and I have applied for places on the lunchtime Parade Laps that take place every day during the Festival (the number places is a direct correlation of the number of cars we have present).

Festival Summary

In 2016, the event will once again take place over 3 days, running from Saturday 30th April through to Monday 2nd May.

The provisional timetable has now been announced, as follows:

The action-packed timetable for the 2016 Donington Historic Festival features 17 races showcasing competition cars from the 1920s to the 1990s, as Donington Park drives back in time over the Bank Holiday weekend Saturday 30th April, Sunday 1st May & Monday 2nd May.

With three full days of racing, each featuring a mix of grids across a range of eras from pre-War to the 1990s, the Donington Historic Festival offers something for everyone.  Die-hard World Sportscar fans have a whole 180 minutes of racing to revel in with Saturday’s ‘1000km’, while lovers of early Grand Prix racing have two HGPCA Nuvolari Trophy races to look forward to. Touring Car, sports car and GT enthusiasts have some stunning grids awaiting them, Jaguar purists have the Jaguar Classic Challenge, and those who believe racing cars are best with just one seat can enjoy two HSCC Historic Formula 2 races as well as the aforementioned Nuvolari Trophy.

Special track parades and demonstrations, including historic Formula 1 cars on the Saturday and Sunday and tyre-squealing Group B and Historic Rally Car Register and period karting displays on all three days, add to the non-stop action, while spectators can also visit the open-access race and rally car paddocks or soak up the fabulous racetrack views while wandering around the car club displays in the infield.

Not all the action is reserved for Donington Park itself. On the Saturday evening, a selection of some 30 world-class competition cars head to Castle Donington village, where they will entertain thousands of locals and visitors, parading round the local streets before parking up to form a highly photogenic display.

The provisional timetable is as follows:

Saturday, 30th April
09:10-12:50 - Qualifying
12:50-13:50 - Lunch Break / Parades and Demonstrations
13:50-14:15 - HSCC Historic Formula 2 International Series, Race 1
14:30-15:20 - Historic Touring Car Challenge for pre-91 Touring Cars
15:35-15:55 - HGPCA Nuvolari Trophy for pre-50 Grand Prix cars, Race 1
16:10-19:10 - ‘1000km’ for 1964-71 World Sportscar Championship Sports, Touring and GT Cars

Sunday, 1st May
09:10-10:50 - Qualifying
11:05-12:35 - GT & Sports Car Cup for Pre-66 GT and Pre-63 Sportscars
12:35-13:35 - Lunch Break / Parades and Demonstrations
13:35-13:55 - HGPCA Nuvolari Trophy for pre-50 Grand Prix cars, Race 2
14:10-15:10 - U2TC for pre-66 under two-litre Touring Cars
15:25-15:50 - HSCC Historic Formula 2 International Series, Race 2
16:05-17:05 - Royal Automobile Club Woodcote Trophy for pre-56 sportscars
17:20-17:40 - HSCC Super Touring Car Trophy for Touring Cars from the Group A and Super
                       Touring era, Race 1
17:55-18:55 - Pre-80 Endurance for sports racing, GT and Touring Cars

Monday, 2nd May
09:10-12:00 - Qualifying
12:00-13:00 - Lunch Break / Parades and Demonstrations
13:00-13:45 - HRDC ‘Touring Greats’ for pre-60 Touring Cars
14:00-14:40 - Jaguar Classic Challenge for pre-66 Jaguar cars
14:55-15:55 - Stirling Moss Trophy for pre-61 sportscars
16:10-16:30 - HSCC Super Touring Car Trophy for Touring Cars from the Group A and Super
                       Touring era, Race 2
16:45-17:25 - ‘Mad Jack’ for pre-War sports cars
17:40-18:25 - HRDC  ‘BTCC Celebration 1958-1966’

As always with historic events, nowhere is off limits, so you will be able to wander freely among the paddock and pits and to get close to all the cars. And with such a diverse program of events, you can be assured that there will be plenty of different machines to see every day, whether you buy a ticket for one, two or all three days! On each day of the Festival, gates open at 07.30am and the circuit activity starts at 9.10am, finishing at around 6.30pm.

You can keep abreast of plans for the event by visiting Donington's own website at www.doningtonhistoric.com

Buying Tickets:

Abarth Owners Club is registered to attend the event, and as such you can benefit from a two-for-one ticket offer on advance tickets when you quote the Abarth Owners Club code, 2016DHFABARTH. You can either purchase tickets online or by calling Donington's hotline number, 0844-873 7355.

For online ticket purchases, you can either follow the links for advanced ticket sales on Donington's own website, or you can click here .

You must enter the special offer code - 2016DHFABARTH - and press the  'use code' button, which will change the prices display to the discounted ones, rather than the full prices originally displayed.

Please note that the discounted tickets are offered in multiples of two, and the price shown is the discounted price for one ticket. When you add two tickets to your basket, you will be getting two tickets for the (full) price of one. If you want four tickets for the price of two full-priced ones, you must click '4'!  Apparently there were people last year who got a little confused and consequently only bought half the amount of tickets they needed...

Children aged 13 and under (accompanied by an adult) get in for free.

As an added bonus, each ticket gives two-for-one entry to the Donington Grand Prix Collection over the weekend and for the following two months.

Please note that See Tickets, the booking agency, levies a booking fee per ticket to cover their admin costs, plus a transaction fee on the total order. Booking fees are:
Ticket type                                                  Booking Fee
£21  1 day ticket (Sat, Sun or Mon)                  £1.05
£34  2 day ticket (Sat/Sun or Sun/Mon)            £1.70
£48  3-day weekend ticket                               £2.40

So two Saturday tickets bought using a car club two-for-one offer code will incur a £1.05 total booking fee and therefore cost £22.05 (i.e. £11.02 per person) plus the transaction fee. The transaction fee is a one-off post and packaging cost for the total order, and that is the same whether a member is buying one pair of tickets or 25 pairs of tickets. The transaction fee is £1.95 per order for first class post and £6.40 for registered post. So the total cost for those two Saturday tickets bought using a car club code and sent first class post will be £24.00.  You will be able to choose the preferred method of postage at the checkout.

To take advantage of this offer, you need to purchase your tickets before 5pm on April 24th.

Tickets will be dispatched about 3 weeks before the event.

Infield parking passes[/b]
To be able to park in the Abarth Owners Club reserved parking area, you will need an infield parking pass. These are issued with the tickets, and not by me (so don't ask me 2 days before the event for one, please!). You will need to specify the number that you require at the time of booking, and these will be dispatched by See Tickets with your tickets. Please note that the Abarth Owners Club parking area is only for Abarths. Anyone who has some other marque will not be able to park with us.

Car Club Parades

There is plan for selected Car Clubs to be able to participate in the lunchtime parades around the circuit. As last year, places will be strictly limited to 100 cars per parade, and are likely to be allocated to each Club in proportion to the total number of cars attending, so the more Abarth Owners Club members  who come to the event, the more Parade Lap places we will get. In 2015, we secured 3 places, based on 22 cars registered on our busiest day. For 2016, the organisers will be confirming numbers of parade cars per club in advance and producing special parade car passes, making it easier for their team on the ground to identify the parade cars. It is unlikely that we will get more than a couple of places allocated, and I reserve the right to decide using my own criteria who will be able to represent us on the circuit in 2015!

(Please note, sadly, once again there is a diary conflict on Sat 30th April which is also the date for the very popular Brooklands Auto Italia event - of course that could mean that this is the perfect stopping off point for all the Northern attendees en route home!).

You can an impression of some of the attractions of the event by reading my 2015 report here .

Although I do get regular reports on who has actually bought tickets from the venue, it would be helpful if you could indicate that you are planning to attend by posting a reply in this thread.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 06:35:26 PM by Colin »
Abarth 595 Competizione 180: Cordolo Red: Red Leather Sabelts: Skydome

It replaced: 

Abarth 500 NP: Pasadoble Red: Red Leather: SkyDome: Climate: 17" Petals

Offline Colin

• Events Manager
  • 695 Member
    • View Profile
Attendees:

Colin (Sun)

It replaced: 

olivabih77

I will come back to you this week for it

Offline Hardcore Scorpiator

• 695 Member
    • View Profile
    • PHat Racing Team
  • Registration Number: 8534 PH
Well, as part of my New Years resolution, I said I was gonna do more meets this year and this being one of them!!!
Forum Representative of Abarth Owners Club

SCORPIONSHIP Number 150 + 252

Offline Colin

• Events Manager
  • 695 Member
    • View Profile
Updated, with the provisional timetable for the weekend now available.

It replaced: 

olivabih77

Well, as part of my New Years resolution, I said I was gonna do more meets this year and this being one of them!!!

Get the job first ;D ;D

Offline Hardcore Scorpiator

• 695 Member
    • View Profile
    • PHat Racing Team
  • Registration Number: 8534 PH

Get the job first ;D ;D

Oliver whenever I've been for an interview, the answer has always been no for some reason or another, so best just keep the job with my dad
Forum Representative of Abarth Owners Club

SCORPIONSHIP Number 150 + 252

Offline laurie barclay2

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: YT65HWG
I'll be there on the Saturday ;)
595 competizione owner.
Old car; record grey, tan leather, chrome trim.
Current car; scorpion black, tan leather.

Offline Colin

• Events Manager
  • 695 Member
    • View Profile
Quick reminder that you have 1 week left to get tickets at the club discounted rate.... buy before 24th April.

It replaced: 

Offline Tistopher

• Abarth Novice
  • Keep going.
    • View Profile
All Booked for Sunday & Monday :)
If you spot me my reg is .T15 TYY.

Offline Sammi

• Abarth Novice
    • View Profile
Received my tickets for Sunday yesturday ;D
Bluespark Tuning Box / Red mirror caps / Red stripes / Red whiskers / BMC Air Filter / BMC dump valve / Aluminum Petrol Cap / Black 16" Standard Alloys / Red Calipers /

Offline fast eddie

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
Got our tickets for Sunday yesterday but no infield parking pass included, after a phone call one is now on its way !!!

Offline Colin

• Events Manager
  • 695 Member
    • View Profile
I will post a site map later in the week (should receive it on Thurs), which will show where we are parked.

We have the following numbers:

SAT: 6
SUN: 10
MON: 8

We have 1 parade lap place on Sat and 2 on Sunday (Monday is an all BMW Parade for their Centenary). I will have the invidious job of deciding who gets this honour once I get a full listing of who has booked, and will communicate directly with the lucky drivers. You will have the opportunity to take passengers.     
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 03:13:48 PM by Colin »

It replaced: 

Offline Colin

• Events Manager
  • 695 Member
    • View Profile
Attached is the site plan showing the location of the AOC display area. We are in almost exactly the same place as last year, once again next to the Jaguar XJ-S owners.

It replaced: