Author Topic: New owner from Swindon  (Read 3373 times)

Offline Lufha

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
New owner from Swindon
« on: December 23, 2015, 09:00:22 PM »
Hi All,

Literally just picked up my Xmas present to myself four hours ago!
A new 180 comp in record grey, gloss black wheels. Traded in my boring three year old A4.

Took the wife for a spin and couldn't keep a smile off my face! I've been firmly told it's not a practical family car but hey, you can't have everything  ;)

I look forward to being able to join in the various discussions.

Cheers,

Lufha

Offline Tin Bath

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
Re: New owner from Swindon
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 11:21:21 PM »
Welcome Lufha,

Great choice & great present.

I'm just up the A420 the other side of Faringdon, so good to have another fairly local member.

Seasons greetings.  :)
Circuit Grey 595 Competizione 180, Natural Leather, remapped, H&R springs, 12/16mm spacers, replaces my much loved 2012 A500. Also 2012 Jeep Wrangler Overland SWB....1997 Mini Cooper "S" Works....1933 Austin 10....2016 Triumph Scrambler customised....2013 Triumph Thruxton (Garage extension required)

Offline Mark#46

• Abarth Professional
  • Podium Blue 180 Competizione
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2015, 08:57:02 AM »
WELCOME Lufha
What a great Xmas prezzie for yourself,ive had my 180 comp for a month now ill tell you the smiles only get BIGGER,its a great little car
ENJOY,Have a great Xmas n a Brill 2016
ProAlfa re-map,Airtec FMIC,BMC Induction kit,Forge Actuator,Power Motive Exhaust,H+R lowering spring's,Repartocorse spacers 12mm F /16mm R

Offline Lufha

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2015, 10:13:01 PM »
Thanks all, she is (I think it's a she) now safely tucked up in the garage. :)

Offline Sven

• Abarth Professional
  • Abarrrrth is the new edition only sold in wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2015, 01:40:10 PM »

Took the wife for a spin and couldn't keep a smile off my face! I've been firmly told it's not a practical family car but hey, you can't have everything

Cheers,

Lufha

I get two kids in the back, do the school run and use it for work as daily drive that's a practical car in my books :)
Never to old to be a boy racer I think !!

Offline cidereye

• Abarth Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2015, 11:04:35 AM »
Hi All,

Literally just picked up my Xmas present to myself four hours ago!
A new 180 comp in record grey, gloss black wheels. Traded in my boring three year old A4.

Took the wife for a spin and couldn't keep a smile off my face! I've been firmly told it's not a practical family car but hey, you can't have everything  ;)

I look forward to being able to join in the various discussions.

Cheers,

Lufha

Nice car, congrats!  ;)

Did you get it from TH White? Got my new 595 from them a few weeks back & found the service excellent.

Offline AbarthIain

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: KV11 XAS
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2015, 04:08:47 PM »

I'm just back from a trip to the shops in our A500, and that was with the wife, our 3 week old son, and all his associated gubbins.  Everything fit fine, so that makes it a practical family car in my book! 😉
2011 Abarth 500 | Funk White Pearl with Tricolore Scuderia stripes | Graphite MSW 85 wheels | Novitec springs | Brembo's | Akrapovič Exhaust | ProAlfa Remap | Forge Induction Kit | Forge Intake Hose | Forge Turbo Actuator | Maxton Splitter | Lester Sill Extractors | Heko Wind Deflectors |

Offline Lufha

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2015, 07:07:51 PM »
Sven, AbarthIain, yep, I just need to get the logistics right. It won't be used too much as a family car as the wife has a qashqai, but I occasionally will need both of the kids in the car. Zero food allowed will be the rule though.. ;)

Need to find a fold up pushchair / buggy for a 1 year old that will fit in the boot as the bugaboo has no chance! Any suggestions?

Offline Lufha

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2015, 07:13:45 PM »
Cidereye, yes, TH White. They were great, and did a good job of getting it in before Xmas for me. Still have to have the matts, sills, fuel and oil cap added etc, as they weren't in to fit, so going back in a few days for that...

Are you Swindon based then?

Offline gwog

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2015, 10:19:00 PM »
hi lufha,

in much the same boat fella. got my first ever abarth, and first ever brand new car on the 22nd. 595 trofeo in grey....

really enjoyable to drive, no sure if i'll ever get the claimed 47mpg?? ;D

Offline AbarthIain

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: KV11 XAS
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2015, 10:50:35 PM »
Need to find a fold up pushchair / buggy for a 1 year old that will fit in the boot as the bugaboo has no chance! Any suggestions?

We have an iCandy Peach 3, and that fits in without any issues, just need to take out the parcel shelf.

I have a c-class estate coming in a week or two as the 'proper' family car, but the 500 is great as a run about and weekend toy.
2011 Abarth 500 | Funk White Pearl with Tricolore Scuderia stripes | Graphite MSW 85 wheels | Novitec springs | Brembo's | Akrapovič Exhaust | ProAlfa Remap | Forge Induction Kit | Forge Intake Hose | Forge Turbo Actuator | Maxton Splitter | Lester Sill Extractors | Heko Wind Deflectors |

Offline 595girlie

• 695 Member
  • Hanging out the washing is a dangerous sport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2016, 10:05:03 AM »
Welcome to the forum.

I also have a three year old and we manage okay. It is a  tight squeeze getting her in the back with the sabelts but it's not an everyday car so it's worth it for the grin factor the car gives. However we don't use a pushchair any more so haven't had to face that issue!
595 Competizione | Campovolo Grey | Red Mirrors | Side Stripes | Chequered Roof | Red Leather Sabelts | Interscope | Heko Wind Deflectors | Forge Induction Hose | Novitec Lowering Springs | Airtec FMIC | Milltek Turbo Back Exhaust | Forge Actuator | IHI Hybrid Turbo | ProAlfa Remap