Author Topic: new mini for the fleet  (Read 2974 times)

Offline jerry2

• Abarth Novice
    • View Profile
new mini for the fleet
« on: January 02, 2016, 06:36:29 PM »
My wife has got a Legends Blue A500c , my daughter has just bought a 595 and I have just bought a 64 plate Mini Cooper S auto.
We wasn't looking for a new car but when my daughter went to the dealers to buy hers we saw the mini.
Took it for a drive and it's jam packed with tech. 4k on the clock and at least 8k saving on new so thought it would be a good opportunity.
Pick it up next week after it's re registered.
The Abarth I love because it's just so much fun where as the mini although fast seems more dignified, it's like a miniature Rnge Rover. :)
Pics soon.

Offline Ambz247

• Barely Abarth
  • Newbie Alert!
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: XX0 4MBZ
Re: new mini for the fleet
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 06:44:59 PM »
Hey Dad!

The Mini defiantly was a good buy! 2 cars from the same dealership in one week including my new Abarth...they must love us! 👌🏻
Scorpion Black, Abarth 595 Turismo.
Series 4 on order.
Instagram: @ambz642
www.sudsandshine.co.uk

Offline captpicard

• 695 Member
  • make it so..
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2016, 10:35:15 PM »
hope you have more luck with it than I did with mine ( and my friend to)
I purchased a nearly 3 year old one a while back and if the 4/5 months of ownership the garage had it longer than I did, I ended up returning it and exchanging it as it was "not fit for purpose"

a friend I worked work brought a cooper  S nearly new later and had similar issues , she ended up returning it and swapping it for an abarth.

A good as they look and drive after an hour or so I found it uncomfortable and had regular back ache on journeys longer than an hour.
I hope yo have better luck than I did...
Abarth 500c custom(595)Heko's, PIAA DRL's, black mirror caps, smoked indicators, rear/side privacy tints, BMC filter, blackline official rear lights, black front whisker, rear badge, rear boot handle, boot flap mod...

Offline jerry2

• Abarth Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2016, 11:15:03 PM »
Crikey that don't sound good.
What year and spec was it? This is the latest 2 litre auto.
I've heard there has been a few recalls for upgrades ie crank bearings and a fuel cap but don't know if ours has had this done so will phone my local mini dealer to check.
Many thanks Jerry

Offline captpicard

• 695 Member
  • make it so..
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 08:32:28 PM »
Crikey that don't sound good.
What year and spec was it? This is the latest 2 litre auto.
I've heard there has been a few recalls for upgrades ie crank bearings and a fuel cap but don't know if ours has had this done so will phone my local mini dealer to check.
Many thanks Jerry
mine was a 1.6 cooper, 55 plate, friend was 09 cooper S,  both continually lost water, but no leak could be found, mine even went off for a head re-skim but came back no different.Mini denied there were any issues but on the mini forum a number of members had suffered with problem to no result :(

sad really as in the sort time I loved the drive, not perticlularly quick just sure footed and fun.

Hope you enjoy yours and have a problem free drive
Abarth 500c custom(595)Heko's, PIAA DRL's, black mirror caps, smoked indicators, rear/side privacy tints, BMC filter, blackline official rear lights, black front whisker, rear badge, rear boot handle, boot flap mod...

Offline Mark#46

• Abarth Professional
  • Podium Blue 180 Competizione
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2016, 06:31:12 PM »
I had a Cooper S 52 plate just for work as i had a Focus RS mk 2 (A GARAGE QUEEN ) so the Mini was driven all the time i thought it was great never any trouble,so i would think the newer ones are spot on GOOD LUCK with yours
ProAlfa re-map,Airtec FMIC,BMC Induction kit,Forge Actuator,Power Motive Exhaust,H+R lowering spring's,Repartocorse spacers 12mm F /16mm R

Offline Andy the tyre man

• Abarth Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2016, 07:06:22 PM »
We had two minis.

first was an red 02 mini one with the following;

Lowered 60mm, super chipped, 18in lenso elegance wheels with toyo tr1's, peco 2in cat back system, cooper S boot spoiler, k&n induction kit, uprated discs n pads, cooper lower grill mesh, chrome grille, mirrors and vents, brand new cooper S leather interior, Angel eye lights, Lexus style rear lights, 3 spoke multi function steering wheel, trip computer retro fitted.

Sold it after a while minus all the bits and bought an 04 cooper convertible in orange, was nice but was bought at the time my wife contracted cancer to was sold soon after.

We like the phase one mini and think the recent revisions have spoilt the concept somewhat.

Although saying that the roadster was on our shortlist!!
WHALE OIL BEEF HOOKED

Offline Notfer

• Abarth Novice
  • Director of Crumble Ltd
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2016, 07:28:55 PM »
I had a Cooper SD 65 plate for a few weeks in December while my Abarth was in for repairs, and i can tell you, it was like driving an armchair! So comfortable on long journey and short journeys alike! You'll love it, I didn't want to give it back, I wanted to keep it alongside my Abarth!
Record Grey 595, Red Leather, 17inch 10 Spokes, Tricolore Spoler Lip, 3rd Brake Light Sticker Thing, Red Rimblades,Team Heko Deflectors.
Instagram - @Notfer

Offline jerry2

• Abarth Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2016, 11:24:50 PM »
Have enjoyed the Mini so far. The seats are very comfy and with them heated too mmmm nice (3 heat settings). It has a multi function display in the middle of the dash (sat nav infotainment ect) and you can choose different settings, so with the car in green mode you get a little fish in a bowl of water and the aim is to drive the car sensibly then his bowl fills up and he has a big grin , quite amusing. You can also select sports instruments like the new Abarth which gives you the engine output and torque you're using. Still haven't had a chance to explore it's sporting potential due to rubbish weather. However just taken the Abarth out and although basic in comparison and bumpier it has it's own personality and gets a fair bit of attention more so than the Mini I think. The dealership has got an 11 plate Mercedes convertible AMG 6.3 in dark grey/black for 50k . I said when I win the lottery I will come and collect it. It looks lovely nice and big 2 seats with heated head rests massaging seats, and 500bhp and quad tail pipes just like our Abarth ;)

Offline jerry2

• Abarth Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2016, 10:05:07 PM »
[imghttp://][/img]

CB

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2016, 10:25:42 PM »
?

Offline jerry2

• Abarth Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2016, 10:44:40 PM »
It's gone back to the dealer as we have had our fun with it  and need  to finance a new 180 comp.
If you want it 17.5k gets it.