Author Topic: Newbie from California  (Read 2851 times)

Offline alex911s

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
Newbie from California
« on: January 04, 2016, 05:04:19 PM »
Hey guys,

New here from Northern California... Bought a 2012 Abarth for commuter last year
witn 24k miles on the odometer now have 32k miles and really loved it..
I'm a Porsche guy at heart, also have a 996 Turbo recently sold my 09 Cayman
Just saw this forum from Instagram user mjtabarth , shouldve joined here first the other
forums have too much drama..lol!! glad to be here.

Alex
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 02:03:36 AM by alex911s »
2012 Fiat 500 Abarth 17 Inch Wheels, Neu-F Springs, Koni Rear Shocks, Tributo Stripes, OFT Stage 2 ECU flash

Offline Colin

• Events Manager
  • 695 Member
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: RX65URG
Re: Newbie from California
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 07:38:59 PM »
Welcome.

I know Southern California well, having worked in Los Angeles for a good number of years, and now go back on vacation a couple of times a year. There are some great driving roads in the northern half of the State as well, though, I happen to know. Where in NorCal are you from?   
Abarth 595 Competizione 180: Cordolo Red: Red Leather Sabelts: Skydome

It replaced: 

Abarth 500 NP: Pasadoble Red: Red Leather: SkyDome: Climate: 17" Petals

Offline rui

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 08:12:57 PM »
That photo looks like it was taken in Freemont, I may be moving for the UK to Mountain View soon, although I will not be buying an Abarth over there but you may be able to help me with some Porsche contacts!

Offline alex911s

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 08:30:02 PM »
Welcome.

I know Southern California well, having worked in Los Angeles for a good number of years, and now go back on vacation a couple of times a year. There are some great driving roads in the northern half of the State as well, though, I happen to know. Where in NorCal are you from?   

I'm in Danville/San Ramon Area...
2012 Fiat 500 Abarth 17 Inch Wheels, Neu-F Springs, Koni Rear Shocks, Tributo Stripes, OFT Stage 2 ECU flash

Offline alex911s

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 08:32:19 PM »
That photo looks like it was taken in Freemont, I may be moving for the UK to Mountain View soon, although I will not be buying an Abarth over there but you may be able to help me with some Porsche contacts!

Yes thats in Old Niles Road in Fremont....good luck on your decision to move....  NP just pm me when youre here... ... my contact is Gary Quibelan at Carlsen Porsche , I bought a few cars from there..

Offline gwog

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2016, 09:41:44 PM »
hi from sunny Scotland....the abarth must cause quite a stir in amongst all the v8 yank stuff? or is California now going 100% eco friendlier ;D

Offline Colin

• Events Manager
  • 695 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2016, 07:35:55 AM »
Welcome.

Ah, Danville..... home of the fabulous Blackhawk Museum which I've been to a couple of times. And I believe there are also some great Cars & Coffee meets there as well?

It replaced: 

Offline 595girlie

• 695 Member
  • Hanging out the washing is a dangerous sport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2016, 10:05:01 AM »
Hello and welcome.  Great to see more members from across the Pond.   ;D
595 Competizione | Campovolo Grey | Red Mirrors | Side Stripes | Chequered Roof | Red Leather Sabelts | Interscope | Heko Wind Deflectors | Forge Induction Hose | Novitec Lowering Springs | Airtec FMIC | Milltek Turbo Back Exhaust | Forge Actuator | IHI Hybrid Turbo | ProAlfa Remap

Offline alex911s

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2016, 04:57:17 PM »
Hello and welcome.  Great to see more members from across the Pond.   ;D

thanks 595girlie , saw your thread love what you did to your car, we dont get the nicce monza and awesome seats over here :(

hi from sunny Scotland....the abarth must cause quite a stir in amongst all the v8 yank stuff? or is California now going 100% eco friendlier ;D

I'm in the Silicon Valley so its a mixture of hotrods, Euro Sport cars and exotics... you'll see a bunch of rich statup kids in high horspower cars that cant drive...lol!!

Welcome.

Ah, Danville..... home of the fabulous Blackhawk Museum which I've been to a couple of times. And I believe there are also some great Cars & Coffee meets there as well?

yes Colin... not as much Cars and Coffee as Southern Cal.. there are 3 major ones... Blackhawk cars and coffee 1st weekend of every month, 100 Octane in Santana Row(2nd weekend), Cars and Coffee San Francisco(3rd weekend i believe)...

Offline Colin

• Events Manager
  • 695 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2016, 08:51:05 PM »
I need to pay another visit to the Bay area then!

I learned the hard way that the SoCal Cars and Coffee are a bit different to the UK Breakfast Club meetings....... in the UK people come around 9am and stay most of the morning. First time I went to Irvine, for around 8:30 most of the cars had gone......... of course the Irvine Cars and Coffee is no more, very sadly, closed down by the police and the nearby tenants. I've not tried some of the replacement locations yet (Aliso Viejo, I believe and now one in Costa Mesa - the latter i know well, as we have an office there that I used to visit to quite a lot).

Will let you know if I am going to be in the area. 

It replaced: