Author Topic: HELLO from a new member!  (Read 2395 times)

Offline PWWOOD

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
HELLO from a new member!
« on: January 15, 2016, 03:35:57 PM »
Hi there everyone,
I have been a Fiat ABARTH "Abarthisti" since 1957, I bought my first cars, 2 FIAT "TOPOLINO's" then, which were great little cars, & quickly followed that up with an ABARTH 750 BERLINA which was in the old 600 style body in 1959, used it for sprints, hillclimbs & racing, added a Supercharger in 1960 which was bought from the factory direct in Italy, after a visit by one of my old friends, whose father helped us to reduce the compression ratio to enable it to be used, by using an ALLOY BLOCK, drilled to match the block & head, & we used 2 head gaskets, one each side, plus longer head bolts, to enable it to reduce the Compression Ratio.
My next model was an ABARTH 1,000 BERLINA TC in an 850 style body in 1964, which I started out using at Crystal Palace & Brands Hatch, as I lived in London then, it was eventually converted over time to a full "MONZA" specification, by the end.
It was bought from Radbourne Racing, which was run at that time by Gladstone Small & Brothers Geoff & John Anstead, who were the official ABARTH Importers at that time, they were a great bunch of guys, who charged for NEW ABARTH's by the capacity of the engine sizes, so a 595 would be 595 pounds, an 850 would be 850 pounds, & so on, a brilliant way of doing business, especially in the 1960's!
I am also, the proud owner of the official ABARTH History of ALL Models made then from 1949 up to 1986, which is in a hard dust cover, over the original hard back book, it is a special edition from "Automobilia", edited by Carlo Felice Zampini Salazar, in collaboration with 4 of the greats of ABARTH, Giovanni Lurani, Luigi Orsini, Edoardo Massucci, & Franco Zampicinini, showing every model road, racing or record breaking special from every Manufacturer Carlo Abarth ever dealt with, plus his own specially produced models of his own make.
It is dear to my heart this book, & I am even now at the age of 76, still a huge fan of ABARTH, & will remain one for the rest of my life, so enjoy your new Abarth's guys & gals.
VIVA ABARTH!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 11:17:55 AM by PWWOOD »

Offline cidereye

• Abarth Novice
    • View Profile
Re: HELLO from a new member!
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 04:12:27 PM »
Welcome!  :D

You clearly know your stuff. I've just purchased the book "Abarth all the cars" myself and I thought I knew most models track & road but the book has shown me I don't know the half of it. A fantastic history to browse through.

Offline Danbobnix

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 08:25:20 PM »
Welcome!

Cracking car history!

**opens a new tab to google

Offline HWK 114

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2016, 08:31:06 PM »
Hi there,
Been a Fiat ABARTH Abarthisti since 1958, bought my first car, an ABARTH 750 BERLINA which was in the old 600 style body in 1959, used it for sprints, hillclimbs & racing, added a Supercharger in 1960 which was bought from the factory direct in Italy, after a visit by one of my old friends, whose father helped us to reduce the compression ratio to enable it to be used.
Next model was an ABARTH 1,000 BERLINA in an 850 style body in 1964, which I started out using at Crystal Palace & Brands Hatch, as I lived in London then.
It was bought from Radbourne Racing, which was run at that time by Gladstone Small & Geoff & John Anstead, who were the official ABARTH Importers at that time, they were a great bunch of guys.
I am the proud owner of the official ABARTH History of ALL Models made then from 1949 up to 1986, which is in a hard dust cover special edition from Automobilia, edited by Carlo Felice Zampini Salazar, in collaboration with 4 of the greats of ABARTH, Giovanni Lurani, Luigi Orsini, Edoardo Massucci, & Franco Zampicinini, showing every model road, racing or record breaking special from every Manufacturer Carlo Abarth ever dealt with.
It is dear to my heart this book, & I am even now at the age of nearly 76, still a huge fan of ABARTH, & will remain one for the rest of my life, VIVA ABARTH!

Welcome!  ;)
180 Competizione, circuit grey, yellow callipers, sabelt black leather, side stripes, Forge Induction, Forge FMIC, JF Automotive Stage 1 re-map, Novitec Springs, 5/15mm Eibach Spacers, MS Racing White DRLs

Offline Jim

• Abarth Novice
    • View Profile
    • Poison Point
  • Registration Number: J2 AWX
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2016, 08:43:17 AM »
This is rad! Welcome!  ;D
J2 AWX // 2015 Scorpion Black 595 // Team Heko Wind Deflectors // Eibach Pro Kit Springs // BMC Air Filter

http://poisonpoint.uk

Offline Brian1612

• 695 Member
  • 200 bhp Competizione
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2016, 12:25:00 PM »
Welcome along!
---Abarth 595 Competizione Owner---
-Grey Leather Sabelts
-Interscope
-Yellow Brembos
-Engine Remap
-H&R Springs
-12mm & 16mm Spacers
-Mtech Short Shifter
-LED rear lamps
-CF Front Splitter
-CF Dipped Dash
-Yellow Exterior Details (Scuderia Stripes/Scorpions)
-Aluminium Speaker Covers & Plaque

Offline 595girlie

• 695 Member
  • Hanging out the washing is a dangerous sport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2016, 01:04:33 PM »
Hello and welcome along!!   ;D
595 Competizione | Campovolo Grey | Red Mirrors | Side Stripes | Chequered Roof | Red Leather Sabelts | Interscope | Heko Wind Deflectors | Forge Induction Hose | Novitec Lowering Springs | Airtec FMIC | Milltek Turbo Back Exhaust | Forge Actuator | IHI Hybrid Turbo | ProAlfa Remap

Offline S13GE

• Events Leader
  • 695 Member
  • Instagram - ts13ger
    • View Profile
    • My Soundcloud
  • Registration Number: TS13GER
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2016, 09:45:49 PM »
a proper fan, welcome along friend!  ;D
Modena Yellow 595 Competizione | Performance Pack |  Novitec Challenge Corse Evo Exhaust | Yellow Brembos | M-Tech Short Shifter | Beats Audio  system | 7" Infotainment sat nav | ProAlfa remap:::208bhp/271lbft... instagram me :D