Author Topic: Failed headlight bulb - no warning message  (Read 939 times)

Offline AustinR

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
Failed headlight bulb - no warning message
« on: January 08, 2016, 04:50:59 PM »
Just noticed front nearside headlight low beam has failed. No dash message to tell me. I get the message when my DRL bulbs fail (regularly ). Is it normal to get no message for the headlights ?

Offline will-w

• 695 Member
  • 'Captain Slow'
    • View Profile
Re: Failed headlight bulb - no warning message
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2016, 09:57:27 PM »
I've not had a bulb go yet, but I was under the impression that headlights wouldn't alert... Only aux lights, but I can't remember why...
Abarth Punto Supersport
Grigio Campovolo, Skydome, Assetto Koni, Floating brakes
Summer: Gunmetal 18" Esseesse with Bridgestone Potenza RE050A
Winter: Official Abarth Winter Kit (17" with Pirelli Sottozero 210)

Offline AustinR

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 10:46:04 PM »
Maybe the logic is that it will be obvious when a headlight fails... well it wasn't with me. Have just sent off for 2 Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited bulbs. Will have to fit a spare old H4 bulb I had before I fitted Nightbreaker Plus bulbs in 2012.  ! When I fitted them I was a bit concerned about how long they would last, based on what I'd read . Well they lasted 3 years !! Well done Osram. No doubt there will be much fiddling and cursing in the Read driveway tomorrow morning as I attempt to remove the old bulb...

Offline AustinR

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 09:36:51 PM »
It tells you in the owner's handbook - page 148 - all the bulbs that are covered by the failure warning message. The headlight bulb isn't included. Have temporarily replaced the N/S bulb without too much grief. Just waiting for my new Nightbreaker unlimited bulbs to arrive.