Author Topic: TTC Button  (Read 5936 times)

Offline chillerkid

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
TTC Button
« on: January 08, 2016, 07:29:04 PM »
I know this thread has been all over the forum but there are answers somewhere on the internet, but I trust the people here.

From what I've read about the TTC, it basically slows the unloaded wheel (cornering) so it grips the asphalt then it equals out when you're out of a corner. Then someone said something about Traction Control.

Is TTC similar to Traction control?

I'm confused as my brothers 1.2 polo moda (70bhp) has traction control button and the abarth which has twice the power doesn't have traction control button to turn off. I'm wondering if the abarth's TTC is similar and if I turn it on, will the wheel spin in the wet without the traction light coming on? I hate when the car judders!

Offline Paullly

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: TTC Button
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2016, 08:03:19 PM »
TTC is Torque Transfer Control (I think it's that anyway) and brakes the inside wheel if it feels the car is understeering to create a pivot point.

It does reduce the traction control but there is no way of turning the traction control off completely on the A500 unless it is re-programmed.

I don't think the juddering is due so much to the traction control as much as the tyre finding and losing grip as it spins.

Offline chillerkid

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 08:48:05 PM »
TTC is Torque Transfer Control (I think it's that anyway) and brakes the inside wheel if it feels the car is understeering to create a pivot point.

It does reduce the traction control but there is no way of turning the traction control off completely on the A500 unless it is re-programmed.

I don't think the juddering is due so much to the traction control as much as the tyre finding and losing grip as it spins.

the judder is definitely traction control trying to grip the road. never had the judders on my swift or polo when I turned it off.

Offline Bart595

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2016, 05:09:15 PM »
Hi,
As I understand it, Torque transfer control, is Abarth's electronic version of a " limited slip differential "  Traction control will brake the wheel that is spinning, sort of opposite to how the ABS braking system works. So the power is cut to the spinning wheel to stop it spinning. A limited slip differential will take some the torque away from the spinning wheel and send it to the other wheel. So no wheels are braked, instead the torque to the wheels is divided unequally so the none spinning wheel does more work. If both wheels were spinning I would imagine that the Traction control kicks in to bring things back under control. So you are more likely to spin a wheel on wet roads. But would make the car quicker on the track, without the hindrance of Traction control braking an inside spinning wheel.
Gara white Competizione 180.

Offline S13GE

• Events Leader
  • 695 Member
  • Instagram - ts13ger
    • View Profile
    • My Soundcloud
  • Registration Number: TS13GER
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2016, 10:23:57 PM »
Yes Bart that's true; TTC is essentially Fiat's answer to an electronic diff alternative.

Traction control is different to TTC and Paul is on the money too as it can't be turned off as far as I know
Modena Yellow 595 Competizione | Performance Pack |  Novitec Challenge Corse Evo Exhaust | Yellow Brembos | M-Tech Short Shifter | Beats Audio  system | 7" Infotainment sat nav | ProAlfa remap:::208bhp/271lbft... instagram me :D

Offline 595girlie

• 695 Member
  • Hanging out the washing is a dangerous sport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2016, 08:42:47 AM »
FWIW, if you put your car on a Rolling Road, you have to make sure the TTC button is turned off as the car won't run - due to the Traction Control.  So part of the TTC system is linked to Traction Control, but Abarth did tell me you cannot completely turn the Traction Control off.
595 Competizione | Campovolo Grey | Red Mirrors | Side Stripes | Chequered Roof | Red Leather Sabelts | Interscope | Heko Wind Deflectors | Forge Induction Hose | Novitec Lowering Springs | Airtec FMIC | Milltek Turbo Back Exhaust | Forge Actuator | IHI Hybrid Turbo | ProAlfa Remap

Offline flutes

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2016, 11:50:48 AM »
Also - having TTC on disables (or limits is probably a better word) the usual traction control, which will control wheel spin by throttling power. With TTC on, it doesn't cut the power, just applies brakes to whichever wheel is spinning. TTC on in the wet is pretty fun.
TD04-13T
Forge induction
G-tech exhaust
BC Racing BR Series coilovers
Falken RT615K
ATM intercooler
Brembo BBK with Project Mu pads
Stainless brake lines
DNA rear torsion bar

Offline chillerkid

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2016, 01:25:58 AM »
Thanks guys. I will try TTC with it enabled and disabled and see what it feels like

Offline flutes

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2016, 01:27:33 AM »
You will notice a difference in putting power down in fast cornering - it changes the feel noticeably.
TD04-13T
Forge induction
G-tech exhaust
Falken RT615K
ATM intercooler
Stainless brake lines
DNA rear torsion bar

Offline buckwits

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2016, 07:16:43 PM »
I thought it was a bit of a gimmick, but have since had a change of heart, imo, not as good as an old fashioned LSD but not bad when you're pushing hard.

CB

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2016, 07:24:31 PM »
Flutes,for the better?)

Offline captpicard

• 695 Member
  • make it so..
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2016, 09:30:15 PM »
silly question, but is this best on or off in snow/ice?
Abarth 500c custom(595)Heko's, PIAA DRL's, black mirror caps, smoked indicators, rear/side privacy tints, BMC filter, blackline official rear lights, black front whisker, rear badge, rear boot handle, boot flap mod...

Offline flutes

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2016, 09:43:14 PM »
In the dry, yes, it improves getting the power down in corners and improves cornering speed. In the wet (and probably on snow/ice) you lose traction easier so I don't think it is as effective as with it off.
TD04-13T
Forge induction
G-tech exhaust
Falken RT615K
ATM intercooler
Stainless brake lines
DNA rear torsion bar