Author Topic: No Stanford Hall in 2016  (Read 936 times)

Offline AustinR

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
No Stanford Hall in 2016
« on: January 08, 2016, 10:36:24 PM »
Just noticed in latest edition of "Auto Italia " that it appears there will be no Italian car meeting there this year. Anybody know why ? I've been going for years, from when it used to be a 2 day event. Attendances have been dropping off recently, and the Ferrari and Maserati people stopped bringing their marquees a few years ago. Don't think Abarth had an official attendance last year, either, so maybe I've answered my own question. Pity, cos it was fairly local to me - same with the Gaydon meet they used to have in September. Looks like I'm going to have to make the long journey south to Brooklands in April.....

Offline Colin

• Events Manager
  • 695 Member
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: RX65URG
Re: No Stanford Hall in 2016
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 03:57:16 PM »
I've spoken with Phil and can confirm that there will be no Stanford Hall event in 2016.

Falling attendances and poor weather have contributed to its demise.

There's plenty of other things going on around midsummer, but it's always sad when an event disappears off the calendar.   
Abarth 595 Competizione 180: Cordolo Red: Red Leather Sabelts: Skydome

It replaced: 

Abarth 500 NP: Pasadoble Red: Red Leather: SkyDome: Climate: 17" Petals

Offline Salvos_white_abarth

• 695 Member
  • Abarth...the best thing since slice bread.
    • View Profile
Re: No Stanford Hall in 2016
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 07:58:52 PM »
Nice setting stanford hall.

I went 6 years back when i saw the a500 for the 1st time .Weather hammered it down.
2nd year i didnt go weather hammered it down.

i think the 3rd or 4th year is when the weather was stunning and i ended up at the wrong place...stamford hall doh! about 60 miles in the wrong direction.Apparently that was a brilliant show.

the year after i didnt bother as they started mixing it with other marques i think mazda mx5?and classic cars so i had no interest.

So yer the weather has usually been bad and the ferraris not turning up has killed it sadly so no surprise to me.