Author Topic: The getaway car  (Read 2478 times)

Offline Olaf

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
The getaway car
« on: January 09, 2016, 10:22:56 PM »
Brief trailer for the above program starting on bbc one next Saturday. Don't know anything about it, but there was a brief interior shot of a A500.   Also featuring the stig (!). Maybe he is moonlighting from his regular role

Offline Hardcore Scorpiator

• 695 Member
    • View Profile
    • PHat Racing Team
  • Registration Number: 8534 PH
Re: The getaway car
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 03:36:11 PM »
Gonna deffo watch this!!
Forum Representative of Abarth Owners Club

SCORPIONSHIP Number 150 + 252

Offline 595girlie

• 695 Member
  • Hanging out the washing is a dangerous sport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 04:04:13 PM »
Almost applied to be on this but couldn't quite persuade the OH.  Lol.
Will be interesting to see what they actually have to do!
595 Competizione | Campovolo Grey | Red Mirrors | Side Stripes | Chequered Roof | Red Leather Sabelts | Interscope | Heko Wind Deflectors | Forge Induction Hose | Novitec Lowering Springs | Airtec FMIC | Milltek Turbo Back Exhaust | Forge Actuator | IHI Hybrid Turbo | ProAlfa Remap

Offline Bart595

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2016, 03:25:16 PM »
The three 595 Turismo's that were driven through polystyrene walls, were a brilliant advert for Abarth, as the fun element of the car came across really well. I think there will be more Abarth fans after watching this programme. Hope they use them every week.
Gara white Competizione 180.

olivabih77

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2016, 05:07:44 PM »
From all those small hot hatch cars, they picked up the most quality cars and that program is definitely great advert for more buyers to go for it.

Offline Cordolo595

• Abarth Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2016, 06:08:57 PM »
Shame the programme was appallingly bad!
Cordolo Red Competizione 180. AKA Enzo.

Offline Rizler

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2016, 12:44:02 AM »
I think one of the contestants said to his other half "I think we need a new car and get this" something like that anyway :D

Offline Bart595

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2016, 06:07:48 AM »
Cordolo is right though, the Turismo's were the best part of the programme. Mind you they say all advertising is good advertising don't they? I wonder if they were all in sport mode and TTC connected to give the quickest getaway?
Gara white Competizione 180.

Offline 595Record

• Abarth Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2016, 09:38:31 AM »
Great BBC prime time viewing. What a load of garbage. I'd put it in the same bin as Mrs Brown's Boys. Why the need to fly the contestants to South Africa. If the BBC thinks this is good stuff, then it doesn't bode well for the new Top Gear with shouty Chris Evans.

Offline FRZ

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: FRZ 595
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2016, 11:47:41 AM »
It would have been cheaper to build the set in South Africa and fly everyone over than try and do it in the UK. I also expect they will try to sell the franchise to other countries (similar to Wipe Out) so having a long term permeant base would be desirable, especially somewhere with better weather.

The tenuous link with the Stig also helps sell it worldwide but it seems a bit of a sell out. I suppose they are milking him for all he's worth while he still has some credibility. They're already using Dunsfold Aerodrome as a Top Gear theme park where you can pay 100 to have a lap with the him (or rather some junior racing driver trying to make ends meet while working their way through the lower formulas).
2016 595c Competizione 180 | Campovolo Grey | Series 4