Author Topic: Abarth Owners Club New Arrival!  (Read 3164 times)

Offline Danbobnix

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
Abarth Owners Club New Arrival!
« on: January 11, 2016, 11:15:45 PM »
Hello all,

I'm Daniel, from a small town just outside of Blackpool

I'm renewing my Abarth ownership this year. I bought an esseesse brand new in October 2009; however I had to sell it due to work drying up.

She was brilliant!

Tried tracking her down again but no joy, she's either written off or had a plate change... does anyone recognise the reg?

Since selling I've tried hard, and wasted money, trying to scratch the itch that developed.

Several cars and years later along with a mortgage agreement in place (yay!), I have decided to treat myself to a 135 in blue! Deposit down and money agreed, i'm hoping to pick it up at the weekend or shortly afterwards. Minus the plate; Abby must have looked after her because she is virtually spotless!

Having not really kept track of the evolution of the Abarth brand and it's trim levels, I do have a few queries which i'm sure searching these forums will answer!

Don't think i'm going to do anything to her for a while, just going to enjoy it and enjoy the upgrade! However, the wishlist would be to esseesse her (maybe not quite with esseesse parts, but similar) and a white decal set.

Here's hoping to be active on the forums, joining fellow enthusiasts

All the best

Daniel

Offline FRZ

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: FRZ 595
Re: Abarth Owners Club New Arrival!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 11:51:58 PM »
If your previous Abarth had had a plate change the original reg wouldn't come up with any results with the DVLA but it's still linked to your car, a Grey A500 registered on 31st October 2009. Unfortunately it hasn't been taxed since November 2010 and it's not SORN. It's also never been MOTed which more than likely does mean it's doesn't exist anymore.
2016 595c Competizione 180 | Campovolo Grey | Series 4

Offline alex911s

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 12:13:36 AM »
wow .. great color!
2012 Fiat 500 Abarth 17 Inch Wheels, Neu-F Springs, Koni Rear Shocks, Tributo Stripes, OFT Stage 2 ECU flash

olivabih77

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2016, 05:36:20 AM »
Welcome Daniel. They r nice looking cars. Great choice, glad you are happy.  ;D

Offline 595girlie

• 695 Member
  • Hanging out the washing is a dangerous sport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2016, 08:39:32 AM »
Your old EsseEsse looks gorgeous.  Especially with those white wheels - although feel the pain for keeping them clean.

The legends blue is also a lovely colour, and that does look very well looked after.  Some white stripes would finish that off - and some lowering springs.    ;)

Bet you cannot wait to get back in an Abarth!   ;D
595 Competizione | Campovolo Grey | Red Mirrors | Side Stripes | Chequered Roof | Red Leather Sabelts | Interscope | Heko Wind Deflectors | Forge Induction Hose | Novitec Lowering Springs | Airtec FMIC | Milltek Turbo Back Exhaust | Forge Actuator | IHI Hybrid Turbo | ProAlfa Remap

Offline Brian1612

• 695 Member
  • 200 bhp Competizione
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2016, 12:28:59 PM »
Colour grows on me every time I see it, nice car!
---Abarth 595 Competizione Owner---
-Grey Leather Sabelts
-Interscope
-Yellow Brembos
-Engine Remap
-H&R Springs
-12mm & 16mm Spacers
-Mtech Short Shifter
-LED rear lamps
-CF Front Splitter
-CF Dipped Dash
-Yellow Exterior Details (Scuderia Stripes/Scorpions)
-Aluminium Speaker Covers & Plaque

Offline Mark#46

• Abarth Professional
  • Podium Blue 180 Competizione
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2016, 06:28:38 PM »
Welcome Daniel
Your old Abarth looked gorgeous and your new one is GREAT
ENJOY  :)
ProAlfa re-map,Airtec FMIC,BMC Induction kit,Forge Actuator,Power Motive Exhaust,H+R lowering spring's,Repartocorse spacers 12mm F /16mm R

Offline Danbobnix

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2016, 07:55:59 PM »
Lovely looking car. Beautiful colour. Can I suggest maybe you should consider a black stripe to match the black petals. Would look amazing.

To be honest I hadn't even thought of black; I agree it would look great!

If your previous Abarth had had a plate change the original reg wouldn't come up with any results with the DVLA but it's still linked to your car, a Grey A500 registered on 31st October 2009. Unfortunately it hasn't been taxed since November 2010 and it's not SORN. It's also never been MOTed which more than likely does mean it's doesn't exist anymore.

I kind of had the feeling this would be the case, such a shame really. Poor thing.

wow .. great color!

Very surprised myself how much I've warmed to the colour

Welcome Daniel. They r nice looking cars. Great choice, glad you are happy.  ;D

I certainly will be come pick-up time!  ;D

Your old EsseEsse looks gorgeous.  Especially with those white wheels - although feel the pain for keeping them clean.

The legends blue is also a lovely colour, and that does look very well looked after.  Some white stripes would finish that off - and some lowering springs.    ;)

Bet you cannot wait to get back in an Abarth!   ;D

They were a pig to keep clean, but totally worth the extra effort and labour time all the same!

You're absolutely right, can't wait - chomping at the bit now

Colour grows on me every time I see it, nice car!

I saw it on the forecourt on my way to work a handful of times, the more I saw it, the more I liked it. Luckily (for me) someone had issues with finance which meant it was still available.

Welcome Daniel
Your old Abarth looked gorgeous and your new one is GREAT
ENJOY  :)

I shall  ;D

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes, I'm enjoying lurking reading around the forum!

Offline Danbobnix

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2016, 11:38:32 PM »
Well, picked it up today - love it and very surprised how much I like the colour

Forgot how much fun they were to drive, composed yet exciting; trying to limit 'sport' use so I don't get too used to it and it will hopefully surprise me every time.

Exam tomorrow, and booked today off work to revise - picked the car up at 11am and I think I got round to doing some revision at about 3pm...

Well spent day if you ask me!

Offline LegendsBlue

• Abarth Enthusiast
  • Proud owner 😆
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2016, 09:52:14 AM »
Lovely. Im rather biased though 😆
Legends Blue 500 Abarth l Heko Wind Deflectors l BMC Filter l Esseese alloys l Eibach springs l Plasti dipped fog surrounds, whisker, badge and door handles l Lexus effect rear lights 😆🚗

Offline S13GE

• Events Leader
  • 695 Member
  • Instagram - ts13ger
    • View Profile
    • My Soundcloud
  • Registration Number: TS13GER
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2016, 09:50:13 PM »
lovely choice, it's a close call for 2nd best colour with Circuit Grey imo

nice to see a renewal  :)
Modena Yellow 595 Competizione | Performance Pack |  Novitec Challenge Corse Evo Exhaust | Yellow Brembos | M-Tech Short Shifter | Beats Audio  system | 7" Infotainment sat nav | ProAlfa remap:::208bhp/271lbft... instagram me :D