Author Topic: Motors at the Moat - Leeds Castle - 7th/8th May 2016  (Read 6987 times)

Offline HWK 114

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: Motors at the Moat - Leeds Castle - 7th/8th May 2016
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2016, 07:44:52 AM »
Hmm....... the lady I dealt with earlier in the year was called Francesca Barrett, and we agreed that rather than all the tickets having to be distribute through me, that everyone could apply individually, and that they would group all Abarths together... it is possible that they have forgotten this, or that they felt that we did not have enough cars booked to justify a club stand.

I will pen an email to her tomorrow to find out what happened and let you guys know.
Thank you Colin. I had been dealing with Francesca booking my ticket but it appears Katie has since taken over. Email below...

To: samhawkes@hotmail.com
Subject: Motors by the Moat 2016
Date: Tue, 3 May 2016 10:08:08 +0000

Dear Sam,

Thank you for your email,

You will be exhibiting as an individual as the Abarth owners club don't have a stand at the event. You will be permitted to bring up to 4 people with you in the car on entry to the event and yes you will be free to walk around the grounds and Castle.

We look forward to seeing you on Saturday,

Many thanks,

Katie
180 Competizione, circuit grey, yellow callipers, sabelt black leather, side stripes, Forge Induction, Forge FMIC, JF Automotive Stage 1 re-map, Novitec Springs, 5/15mm Eibach Spacers, MS Racing White DRLs

Offline HWK 114

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2016, 07:51:51 AM »
Received this from Alysha at Leeds Castle, for anyone that has booked? Only for the Sunday though

Morning guys

I've got the same pass to go in my window so would assume we will be parked together?

More than happy to meet at the services beforehand though? I'm an early bird so will meet whatever time you guys are up for it  8)

The weather's looking great so really looking forward to this weekend especially as I missed Brooklands in the end.

Are you defo doing the Saturday? I checked that email from Alysha with the ticket and it said we could even meet in their car park near the entrance if we need to meet before hand. It did say if we weren't part of a car club we would need to meet before. lets see what Colin comes up with after contacting them as it looks as though we had been promised a club area but maybe there wasn't enough of us. Do you know anyone else who is coming on the Saturday?
180 Competizione, circuit grey, yellow callipers, sabelt black leather, side stripes, Forge Induction, Forge FMIC, JF Automotive Stage 1 re-map, Novitec Springs, 5/15mm Eibach Spacers, MS Racing White DRLs

Offline Thesaint68

• Abarth Professional
  • Newbie Abarth owner
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: JB65 YAM
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2016, 08:05:07 AM »
Received this from Alysha at Leeds Castle, for anyone that has booked? Only for the Sunday though

Morning guys

I've got the same pass to go in my window so would assume we will be parked together?

More than happy to meet at the services beforehand though? I'm an early bird so will meet whatever time you guys are up for it  8)

The weather's looking great so really looking forward to this weekend especially as I missed Brooklands in the end.

Are you defo doing the Saturday? I checked that email from Alysha with the ticket and it said we could even meet in their car park near the entrance if we need to meet before hand. It did say if we weren't part of a car club we would need to meet before. lets see what Colin comes up with after contacting them as it looks as though we had been promised a club area but maybe there wasn't enough of us. Do you know anyone else who is coming on the Saturday?

All I've been told is there are a few of us coming Saturday............let's see what response we get but more than happy to meet before
Podium blue Yamaha Factory Racing edition | Power Motive exhaust | Sports Cat | Bola B1 alloys l H&R lowering springs l 12mm & 10mm Spacers | ProAlfa Remap | Forge Induction kit | Forge actuator | Mtech short shifter | Airtec FMIC | Team Heko wind deflectors | Limo black side/rear window

Offline Colin

• Events Manager
  • 695 Member
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: RX65URG
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2016, 12:24:19 PM »
This is the response I got back from them:

Dear Colin

Thank you for your e-mail. We only have three members, but they are in a pitch altogether as their pass suggests.

We will allocate enough space for the three of them to be together.

Kind regards

Alysha

Abarth 595 Competizione 180: Cordolo Red: Red Leather Sabelts: Skydome

It replaced: 

Abarth 500 NP: Pasadoble Red: Red Leather: SkyDome: Climate: 17" Petals

Offline Thesaint68

• Abarth Professional
  • Newbie Abarth owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2016, 01:49:00 PM »

Dear Colin

Thank you for your e-mail. We only have three members, but they are in a pitch altogether as their pass suggests.

Kind regards

Alysha

Thanks Colin
Podium blue Yamaha Factory Racing edition | Power Motive exhaust | Sports Cat | Bola B1 alloys l H&R lowering springs l 12mm & 10mm Spacers | ProAlfa Remap | Forge Induction kit | Forge actuator | Mtech short shifter | Airtec FMIC | Team Heko wind deflectors | Limo black side/rear window

Offline HWK 114

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2016, 09:19:03 PM »

Dear Colin

Kind regards

Alysha

Thank you guys for confirming. I was going to call them so you beat me to it  ;)

Now it is confirmed we're together probably makes sense we simply meet on the pitch we have. Guess some will arrive earlier than others and my father-in-law is joining me and he is not an early starter!  ;)

Look forward to seeing the guys there.

Offline Funky Spike

• Abarth Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2016, 09:23:44 PM »
Shame I'm away this weekend, Leeds Castle is a couple of minutes away from my house.

Spike

Offline HWK 114

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2016, 09:31:46 PM »
Thesaint68

Is your pass the same as this? Looking back CJ attached his pass for the Sunday and it looks very different. His pass is very much an Abarth Owners Club pass whereas mine isn't? Still confused so I'll have to check again with Alysha! I even made it quite clear on the application I was with the AOC....

Offline HWK 114

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2016, 09:38:56 PM »

Dear Colin

Kind regards

Alysha

Colin

I've put my pass on this thread as I still think they've given me the wrong pass as it says nothing about the AOC like CJ's pass for the Sunday. I've emailed Alysha and asked if i have the correct pass. I did make it clear on the application that I was with AOC...I call in the morning as well. Bloody nightmare this is with Leeds, keep being told different things by them!  >:(

Offline Colin

• Events Manager
  • 695 Member
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: RX65URG
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2016, 10:20:00 PM »
I'm not able to attend myself (it is a very long haul from Bristol where I allegedly live!), so I've not go a pass of my own to compare...... but if there is one that looks like it is an AOC one and one which is clearly not, I would say that they have goofed up. I would suggest you call them directly - do you have Alysha's phone number? 
Abarth 595 Competizione 180: Cordolo Red: Red Leather Sabelts: Skydome

It replaced: 

Abarth 500 NP: Pasadoble Red: Red Leather: SkyDome: Climate: 17" Petals

Offline HWK 114

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2016, 10:28:48 PM »
I'm not able to attend myself (it is a very long haul from Bristol where I allegedly live!), so I've not go a pass of my own to compare...... but if there is one that looks like it is an AOC one and one which is clearly not, I would say that they have goofed up. I would suggest you call them directly - do you have Alysha's phone number?
I do Colin so no worries. I'll call her tomorrow. Be a pity to arrive and find out I'm in a field with a load of Fords  ;)

Offline HWK 114

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2016, 06:44:00 PM »
The latest with Leeds Castle (bloody nightmare they are).

I'm told I'm the only Abarth on Saturday hence why NO Abarth Owners Club area has been allowed for.

She says 3no Abarths are coming on Sunday which is why they are making allowances for the AOC on Sunday only.

As it stands I'll be in the mix with other cars on Saturday so suggest to anyone actually coming on the Saturday to let Alysha know asap and let me know also so we can give them stick... >:(

Offline Wookie4487

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2016, 07:38:48 PM »
 >:(

I'll ring them tomorrow too, im coming from Leeds to see the AOC. It'd be a shame I agree :/
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 07:49:01 PM by Wookie4487 »
Abarth 595 Competizione: Heko Wind Deflectors, Sabelt "595" Fabric Seats, Record Grey Paint, Custom Matte Black Abarth Decals

Offline Thesaint68

• Abarth Professional
  • Newbie Abarth owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2016, 07:17:42 AM »
>:(

I'll ring them tomorrow too, im coming from Leeds to see the AOC. It'd be a shame I agree :/

Looks like I need to ring them tomorrow as well! Just checked my pass and it says Sunday even though I booked Sat! Hopefully will be allowed to come on Sat as I can't do Sunday

Offline HWK 114

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2016, 05:43:26 PM »
Guys

Looks like there are two of us tomorrow (Saturday) in Zone C. Aylsha said John and I will be together but not convinced if we're simply in Zone C rather than an actual AOC pitch....Oh well, whatever happens should be a good day out!  :)