Author Topic: Wanted. Series 3 front bumper!  (Read 557 times)

Offline RCH

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: Fd65 ukr
Wanted. Series 3 front bumper!
« on: January 21, 2018, 05:07:39 PM »
Unfortunately this morning i was involved in a small car accident, luckily everyone involved is okay! The only damage was to my abarth.  Coming up to a roundabout, i started to slow down but due to the snow and icy conditions my car started sliding  and i went into the back of another car. The damage was to my front bumper, which needs to be replaced. I know its a long shot but if anyone  has one for sale or knows where i can get one, that would be fantastic. At least before i have to go through the dealership which i know will cost significantly more!!  ideally in red. but if not that's fine too. Be careful out there, if your driving in these conditions.

Offline Andy595

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
Re: Wanted. Series 3 front bumper!
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2018, 04:07:29 PM »
Hi

Not looking to be a smart arse, just commenting.

Unfortunately cannot help you with the bumper other than to suggest a breakers yard type of place, there was a post or two a while back linking to e bay where accident damaged cars were being broken up for spares.

The (not smart arse) comment is, have you considered winter tyres, maybe would have stopped the slide earlier and prevented the damage, could actually have been cheaper than damage repair.

Andy

Offline RCH

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: Fd65 ukr
Re: Wanted. Series 3 front bumper!
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 12:07:57 PM »
I've sorted it now but thanks for the suggestion.

And funny enough I was on my way to the dealership to part ex my car. I hadn't really drove it most of winter so I didn't bother. Plus I was going about 7mph if that. The slide happened so abruptly I don't think winter tyres would have made any difference at all.