Author Topic: Research Abarth - Dealership feedback  (Read 4318 times)

Offline Brian1612

• 695 Member
  • 200 bhp Competizione
    • View Profile
Research Abarth - Dealership feedback
« on: September 07, 2015, 01:00:54 PM »
So having placed my order for a new 595 Competzione back in May, I finally got to pick the little beast up on Friday there. The drive down to the dealership wasn't a bad one and easy enough to find, my satnav took me right to the doorstep of Research. Parked the Punto up, emptied the car out and had a little look around, without spotting my car I headed into the dealership which was shared by Alfa Romeo, not Fiat which was a nice touch ;)

Before anyone could get near me to help, I clocked a Biposto sitting proudly in the showroom and made a route straight to it. This was the first I had actually seen in the flesh and boy did it look menacing. Upon observation I realised this was a new Biposto, fully spec'd and not the standard one I had first inquired about purchasing. The thing was stunning... Was thinking I wouldn't have minded one of these after all!  ::)

While looking at the Biposto Phillip was the first to come introduce himself, he dealt with the final part of my car delivery and was in on his day off just to greet me and handover the keys which was a nice gesture! A drink was sorted out for myself and we dealt with all the documents etc, this gave me a chance to have a look around the showroom also which I have to say is very nice (take note AC) It had all the Abarth photo's and signs plastered around the dealership, along with the fancy abarth racing computer seats, it wasn't mixed with a Fiat dealership like I am used to and really had a touch of class to it, adding to the occasion. Oliver also came over and introduced himself who sold me my car, we chatted for a bit before the 3 of us went back outside to view my 595.

The car was waiting at the exit for me and looked stunning. Everything about the car was perfect, I checked the paintwork etc thoroughly which I think Oliver and Phillip expected and prepared for, hence the car being immaculate haha! They also managed to source and fit the yellow center caps I requested to my car to match my yellow brembo's instead of the red that came with my wheels, a very nice touch from them.

While Phillip showed me all the added touches and how the buttons and dash worked within the 595, I was also invited back by Oliver and offered a hotel room on the 27th of Sept for a track day at Rockingham in the 2 Biposto's they have in stock, that was the icing on the cake for me and now look forward to heading back down for that  ;D

Overall, the experience was about as good as I could have expected, if not better! Having dealt with AC previously for all my car purchases, this was on a different level to how I was dealt by with AC (Which wasn't bad on the sales side). I was regularly updated via email about the status of my car, sent photos of it when it was delivered to the dealership and just dealt with really well, everything was smooth and efficient and the guys at Research seemed to always go that extra bit for you at every possibility. I am over the moon with the whole experience and look forward to dealing with them in the future no doubt with the future release of the 124 Spyder  :D

So here is the car as picked up at the dealership and also a few of it when I stopped off at a service station on the way home, I have photo's to go up next of its first detail which was done on Saturday ;)

So again, a massive thank you to Oliver and Phillip for making the Abarth purchase a very nice experience and also going that extra mile with regards to my p/x and the overall deal I got, the center caps I asked for, discounts on Gap insurance and also the added track day and hotel for the night (Really looking forward to this one ;)) I really can't recommend the guys at Research enough as they were genuinely fantastic, they clearly had an enthusiasm for the Abarth cars themselves and that's the main thing.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 01:47:56 PM by Brian1612 »
---Abarth 595 Competizione Owner---
-Grey Leather Sabelts
-Interscope
-Yellow Brembos
-Engine Remap
-H&R Springs
-12mm & 16mm Spacers
-Mtech Short Shifter
-LED rear lamps
-CF Front Splitter
-CF Dipped Dash
-Yellow Exterior Details (Scuderia Stripes/Scorpions)
-Aluminium Speaker Covers & Plaque

Offline JackH1990

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
Re: Research Abarth - Dealership feedback
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2015, 01:38:19 PM »
What a fantastic write up Brian! I am very very jealous of your purchase, what a stunning little beast she is!
Abarth 500C: MTA/Gara White/Black Side Decals/Magneti Marelli Alloys/Magneti Marelli SS500Z Exhaust/Black Leather Seats/Interscope Sound System

Offline Maloutant

• 695 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2015, 01:41:04 PM »
Glad to hear you had such a positive experience, Brian. Makes a refreshing change. Car looks stunning; really like the grey seats. Sort of wish I could have had those instead of the tan, but I am a mucky pup and know I would have marked them within 2 hours of having the car, lol. You do know that you will never be able to wear dark jeans or anything else that will potentially transfer, ever again, don't you  ;) ?

Offline rare

• 695 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2015, 01:45:38 PM »
Stunning looking car. Glad to hear it all went well looking forward to the many 'I just purchased this  xxx cleaning product' threads  8)
2010 - A500/TMC/MONZA/GTT Level 2 - Sold
2015 - 595 Comp 180 ;)

olivabih77

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2015, 01:53:52 PM »
Brian i was there yesterday, spoken with Oliver who may i thank for letting me drive 180 Comp for 30min. It was my pleasure and i think will wait for Podium Blue.
All staff in Research Abarth looks as friedly chaps that would help you anytime.

What a great drive and was by the side of the Biposto, wanna take a picture but when you have 5 years old son running around i was unable to take a photos, but tool at least 595 Comp 180 with my son driving.....only kidding..haha

Offline Brian1612

• 695 Member
  • 200 bhp Competizione
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2015, 01:54:05 PM »
Thanks for the comments guys. The seats are going to require plenty of attention, already getting colour transferring on the bolster supports from my leg rubbing of it going in and out, nothing a little leather cleaner hasn't taken off. Next up either tomorrow or Wednesday is to do the fully interior of the car and get some Carchem Leather Armour down on the seats as a little helping hand in keeping them looking as good as new! ;)

I went soley for the black over the Record Grey due to the grey interior, it swayed me to black because I couldn't spec it in the Record grey, very happy I opted for the black now as in the flesh it looks quite mean looking, certainly not much elft of the cute 500 ;)

It is a very nice showroom Oliver, the surrounding area is a nice little place as well and the people working in it like you said, are very friendly and very helpful.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 01:56:13 PM by Brian1612 »
-Grey Leather Sabelts
-Interscope
-Yellow Brembos
-Engine Remap
-H&R Springs
-12mm & 16mm Spacers
-Mtech Short Shifter
-LED rear lamps
-CF Front Splitter
-CF Dipped Dash

Offline 595girlie

• 695 Member
  • Hanging out the washing is a dangerous sport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2015, 02:08:17 PM »
Brilliant write up Brian and so pleased you had such a good experience.  Love the interior on this and look forward to your detailing posts on this little beauty.

Most importantly though..... how are you enjoying the driving of it compared to the punto??!!   ;D
595 Competizione | Campovolo Grey | Red Mirrors | Side Stripes | Chequered Roof | Red Leather Sabelts | Interscope | Heko Wind Deflectors | Forge Induction Hose | Novitec Lowering Springs | Airtec FMIC | Milltek Turbo Back Exhaust | Forge Actuator | IHI Hybrid Turbo | ProAlfa Remap

Offline Maloutant

• 695 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2015, 02:15:48 PM »
I need not have worried, the seats will be in the best possible hands with you! Weird they don't offer them with record grey; you'd have thought that would be the perfect combo. After record grey, black has always been my fave colour (I agree about the mean look) but I can't be bothered looking after a black car, too labour-intensive. The record grey is a fantastically forgiving colour.....  ;)

Offline Brian1612

• 695 Member
  • 200 bhp Competizione
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2015, 02:38:51 PM »
Seems most grey's are Maloutant, the Campovolo showed diddly squart on the paintwork on my punto, apart from tar spots haha. The record grey is a lovely colour and would have been my first choice had it no been for the grey interior option with the black, just feel everything was better matched with the black, all the pieces of the car are colour coordinated with the grey details.

595girl, the car is an absolute hoot. I tried to not push it too hard but couldn't help myself, it's surprisingly fast compared to the Punto and grips the road better while feeling way more planted. The exhaust note... bloody hell, who needs a radio? Love the digital display, the only annoyance I have is the TTC doesn't stay on, have to remember to turn it on every time I get in the car... that is my only complaint with the whole car though, so that speaks volumes about how good these wee beasts are and how happy I am owning it ;)
-Grey Leather Sabelts
-Interscope
-Yellow Brembos
-Engine Remap
-H&R Springs
-12mm & 16mm Spacers
-Mtech Short Shifter
-LED rear lamps
-CF Front Splitter
-CF Dipped Dash

Offline Salvos_white_abarth

• 695 Member
  • Abarth...the best thing since slice bread.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2015, 10:12:52 PM »
Looks ace brian! Love those  seats. I agree research are very good.they seem very knowledgable and professional when ive gone in for servicing.