Author Topic: Mapping  (Read 8722 times)

CB

Mapping
« on: February 05, 2016, 05:13:34 PM »
Hi all,i just spotted this so I thought I would share my thoughts regarding my recent re-map/exhaust install from Pro -Alfa.
If you are l anything like me and you love your car I think it's extremely important that it receives the best maintenance possible,this is the reason that I have bothered to post this write up.
I was already running an Airwerks turbo conversion but was unhappy with amount of lag.
I was happy with the car but I missed the instant shove of the IHI,I tried a few tuners but no one could help me,I had resigned myself to the fact that the turbo was too big and I would have to live with the lag,it wasn't boosting until 4K and by the time it was on full boost I had run out of revs.
I thought i would cheer myself up with an Akrapovic exhaust,I approached Pro Alfa after hearing lots of good things about them and the price they quoted fitted was less than I would l pay anywhere in Europe just for the goods only.
They made me a custom center pipe to link from my sports cat to the Akro and the quality of the work is fantastic.
I spoke to Chris from Pro Alfa regarding my lag issues and he suggested a session on the rolling road,he spent a morning on the rollers,changed the actuator and mapped the car.
The result was not only extra torque and bhp but he had totally transformed my car,the boost gauge was now slamming into the red by 3500rpm,I had instant shove from 3k onwards,he even mapped in some extra drops of fuel on upshifts.
I have since been back for various works on my 2 Abarths,springs,spacers,camber kit and have received nothing but 5 star service.
All the guys that work at Pro Alfa are fellow Abarth 500owners/enthusiasts and spend a lot of modifying there own cars for both track and road use.
I hope this is of help to anyone who is looking for some first class treatment for there car.
I would like to add that I have no affiliation to Pro Alfa,I am just someone who loves his car and appreciates good service.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 05:22:32 PM by CB »

olivabih77

Re: Mapping
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 05:57:58 PM »
I'm fully supporting both Chris, Adam for use of ProAlfa as i would over and over and over again use this professional, reasonable, sociable guys that they know what r they doing and i couod take any time of the day to them and it will be sorted.
I done so much change to my car and i think other dealers would charge you indeed more than you can imagine. Fully supporting ProAlfa for their work and enthusiam that they put in our cars.
So who ever need remap, service, ProAlfa is the key to your Abarth/Alfa Romeo issues or any car related issues.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline AbarthIain

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: KV11 XAS
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 09:50:53 PM »
I can echo Vhris, Adam & Oliver's comments.  It's a 5 hour round trip for me, but it's worth it for the enthusiastic, friendly and knowledgable service.  I'll be making that trip anytime I'm having work done on my car.
2011 Abarth 500 | Funk White Pearl with Tricolore Scuderia stripes | Graphite MSW 85 wheels | Novitec springs | Brembo's | Akrapovič Exhaust | ProAlfa Remap | Forge Induction Kit | Forge Intake Hose | Forge Turbo Actuator | Maxton Splitter | Lester Sill Extractors | Heko Wind Deflectors |

Offline R34gtr

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2016, 09:15:08 AM »
I can only say that I spent half an hour there chatting to Chris
And the guys and will definitely be booking my car in
You immediately feel confident leaving you car with them
As they are all Abarth enthusiast and have a clear understanding
What people want
I can't wait to have the work done then
Enjoy the drive home to Spain  :-*

Offline Slytherz

• Abarth Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2016, 11:11:06 PM »
Hi guys, picking up my new Comp tomorrow and just wondered if I should stop by and possibly get my car mapped in way home...? If they have space that is...
How much are there maps and what figures am I likely to see on a Computer 160?

What will the difference be like actually driving her on the road?

Ta
Record Grey 595 Compizione - ProAlfa Custom Remap - Bilstein B14 Coilovers

Offline Radders181

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2016, 12:05:59 AM »
Im also thinking of going to Pro Alfa in the near future. How much extra power and torque do you get on 180 comp?

Also CB, how much did you pay for your Akra exhaust? Is it better than the Monza SS system?

Would love to take a ride in one thats been mapped and see the difference.

CB

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2016, 07:46:10 PM »
The Akra is very expensive,it's hard for me to comment on the sound as mine is pretty insane due to head work,down pipe,centre pipe,lots more power and I've just had the ends lengthened to match my aggressive diffuser which has made it even louder!
The Monza is great,if money isn't an issue the Akra is the ultimate but for noise,quality of the item and price the Powermotive is unbeatable,it really is a gorgeous item,Ads has one and it sounds absolutely awesome,als pretty rare.

CB

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2016, 08:19:41 PM »
Give Chris a call at Pro Alfa,I believe he caps the 180 at about  210 bhp on the standard intercoolers,you will also see a load more torque and a very sweet curve.

Offline Radders181

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2016, 10:09:02 AM »
Give Chris a call at Pro Alfa,I believe he caps the 180 at about  210 bhp on the standard intercoolers,you will also see a load more torque and a very sweet curve.

That's awesome! With the extra power can the clutch handle it or would you need to look at upgrading it?

olivabih77

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2016, 02:33:31 PM »
Ads how is your short shifter preforms? All ok?

olivabih77

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2016, 07:30:00 PM »
Mate I bloody love it! It is the best mod I have bought for the money other than the Bluespark. I'm sure you feel the same!

It is just awesome to change the gears. So different when i drive my wifes car, too long. Yeah i agree apart from Bluespark this one is 2nd, 3rd is Bombardone ;D ;D

Offline Tin Bath

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2016, 05:35:42 PM »
Got the old girl mapped this week, very pleased with the lively result, pulls like a good'un  :)
Thanks to Chris at Proalfa and Tony at Tune 4 Performance for their efforts, they both seemed pleased with the outcome.

Before and after graphs to compare....
Circuit Grey 595 Competizione 180, Natural Leather, remapped, H&R springs, 12/16mm spacers, replaces my much loved 2012 A500. Also 2012 Jeep Wrangler Overland SWB....1997 Mini Cooper "S" Works....1933 Austin 10....2016 Triumph Scrambler customised....2013 Triumph Thruxton (Garage extension required)

Offline Slytherz

• Abarth Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2016, 05:49:14 PM »
You only gained 8bhp?
How much torque does your have standard then?
Record Grey 595 Compizione - ProAlfa Custom Remap - Bilstein B14 Coilovers

Offline glug

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2016, 09:33:40 PM »
Got the old girl mapped this week, very pleased with the lively result, pulls like a good'un  :)
Thanks to Chris at Proalfa and Tony at Tune 4 Performance for their efforts, they both seemed pleased with the outcome.

Before and after graphs to compare....

That's a healthy increase. What mods does the engine have and how many miles has she done?

Most remaps I've read about have been under 210 on a standard 180?
2016 Comp', Circuit grey, Yellow Brembos

Offline Fish

• 695 Member
  • 595 Comp
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2016, 09:36:12 PM »
8 BHP but 60lb of torque.

Fish