Author Topic: Mapping  (Read 8720 times)

Offline B695GSC

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: B19GSC
Re: Mapping
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2016, 01:29:33 PM »
So you were getting 189bhp standard?
And 214bhp after remap,

What do you think a standard biposto would be at after a map?
Abarth 695 Biposto Record, 131#

Offline heliharris

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: SC10UCH
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2016, 04:38:28 PM »
Hello  B695GSC & ADS,

No nothing else.... just a carefully run-in engine with 2300mls completed before the re-map.

10mm spacers ( TMC  black anodised ) and underbody TLC was all that was done prior to my visit.

I would think that the same sort of figures could be easily  achieved on the 695.

Its the spread of torque that makes the driving experience such a pleasure, and to be honest... i prefer the way this is delivered in the NORMAL driving mode than in the SPORT mode.

I very much doubt that i will often venture into the full on power of the SPORT mode, but nice to know that it`s there if required.

Just a couple more cosmetic enhancements to make, and then it will probably be cleaned and nurtured more than its driven, as i consider its use as a special occasion.

Regards.
Mick.

Offline B695GSC

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: B19GSC
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2016, 04:56:25 PM »
so 180 comp was actually putting 189hp standard?!

Do you mind me asking how much it cost?

And of course there's the warranty issue my cars covered 5 miles at the minute! :o
Abarth 695 Biposto Record, 131#

Offline heliharris

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2016, 09:57:46 PM »
Yes of course, a lot more power and torque is available...depending on how money you wish to throw at it.

For my needs and pocket i feel i have ventured far enough, my car is now faster than my level of fast driving ability...as i`m probably the oldest member on here... 66 going on 30 in my head..... my needs are satisfied... as i know my limits now and do not exceed them. However 25-30yrs ago i was lucky enough to be  driving much more powerful cars on a daily basis and enjoyed every minute as there was far less traffic and congestion on the roads than today.

Mick.

Offline fpan

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2016, 10:00:29 PM »
Yes of course, a lot more power and torque is available...depending on how money you wish to throw at it.

For my needs and pocket i feel i have ventured far enough, my car is now faster than my level of fast driving ability...as i`m probably the oldest member on here... 66 going on 30 in my head..... my needs are satisfied... as i know my limits now and do not exceed them. However 25-30yrs ago i was lucky enough to be  driving much more powerful cars on a daily basis and enjoyed every minute as there was far less traffic and congestion on the roads than today.

Mick.

It must be a lot more satisfying driving 30 years ago :)

Do you have a graph of the AFR and boost?

Thanks!

Offline heliharris

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2016, 10:28:58 PM »
Hi ,

No...  only the BHP & Torque before and after graph as above.

Mick.

Offline Brian1612

• 695 Member
  • 200 bhp Competizione
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2016, 10:39:14 AM »
Any news on the 240 bhp pro alfa tuned  500 that only ran 202 bhp yesterday at the EFI dyno day?

---Abarth 595 Competizione Owner---
-Grey Leather Sabelts
-Interscope
-Yellow Brembos
-Engine Remap
-H&R Springs
-12mm & 16mm Spacers
-Mtech Short Shifter
-LED rear lamps
-CF Front Splitter
-CF Dipped Dash
-Yellow Exterior Details (Scuderia Stripes/Scorpions)
-Aluminium Speaker Covers & Plaque

Offline Brian1612

• 695 Member
  • 200 bhp Competizione
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2016, 12:13:29 PM »
Not at all guys. I just think there is a slightly biased view with regards to the company from my own personal experience on the media outlets/abarth community. Some I have been on the brunt of personally. I have posted figures up of my own car & others, they were 'inaccurate' as the 180s all ran over the quoted figures. Pro Alfa have now had a few 180s all run 190+ as standard and nobody bats an eyelid at those results. 

As for Pro Alfa, as I have always said they are obviously good at what they do tuning wise but myself and many others don't agree with some of the figures they say is possible on the IHI or Garret. I am no expert on the matter but these are the opinions of guys much more knowleagable than myself, some that are involved in the assetto corse series. My only gripe is I don't think the dyno they use is 100% accurate but I don't question how well they tune and develop maps. The main issue is the community views on them and how figures from other dyno days/tuners are treated if on the rare occasion they are better than what pro alfa have managed. 

I have gave up trying to prove my point with regards to it, I just keep clear of any of these power related posts now. Like I say, I have my own opinion on the matter & other have their own, that is fair enough. This post wasn't a dig at Pro Alfa either, just curious to know if any actual reason for the 30 bhp+ has been given as I am told the EFI dyno is very accurate & there has been no further comments with regards to the car.

PS. I was told it was something to do with the clutch.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 12:30:20 PM by Brian1612 »
-Grey Leather Sabelts
-Interscope
-Yellow Brembos
-Engine Remap
-H&R Springs
-12mm & 16mm Spacers
-Mtech Short Shifter
-LED rear lamps
-CF Front Splitter
-CF Dipped Dash

Offline Brian1612

• 695 Member
  • 200 bhp Competizione
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2016, 12:51:25 PM »
I really can't be bothered arguing about it... I have had results like Pro Alfa's, posted them & have had posts saying the figures aren't accurate, high reading dyno etc. Same figures come out of Pro Alfa and they are 100% gospel, nobody questions them. Again it is nothing to do with Pro Alfa and more to do with some people's views on the company that annoy me. This is out of Chris's hands  obviously and not his fault at all but the communities.

We all have different opinions, views etc about what is & isn't possible on these cars &  unfortunately we differ in opinions in that matter. But again, just to clarify, the only issue I have is the dyno results but the company, it's tuning capabilities etc I am not doubting, only the accuracy of the dyno used. I didn't mention any other dyno runs either as none of them had an issue as far as I am aware, it was great results all round looking at most, especially for Bluespark! The only reason I asked this question as it was the only car mentioned that was seriously out from what was expected, I would have asked the question regardless if it was pro alfa, angel tuning, TMC or any other tuning firm for that matter.

As said I am done with the whole power disputes etc and all that matters is how the car goes afterwards. I was only intrigued to know if there was any reason yet for why the car was 30 odd horses short of what was expected...

PS. Finally, I wasn't aware this was within the Pro Alfa section, I didn't even know there was a specific section for the company at all. I saw CBs thread had a new post in it and with this whole thread being about his pro alfa map, I thought it was a good place to ask within the forums without starting a whole new thread about it. The forums are usually a better place to ask questions than on FB due to all the hostility that usually comes with it for daring to have a different opinion.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 12:56:21 PM by Brian1612 »
-Grey Leather Sabelts
-Interscope
-Yellow Brembos
-Engine Remap
-H&R Springs
-12mm & 16mm Spacers
-Mtech Short Shifter
-LED rear lamps
-CF Front Splitter
-CF Dipped Dash

Offline Brian1612

• 695 Member
  • 200 bhp Competizione
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2016, 01:55:04 PM »
Many points made there ADS I simply didn't say... nobody called anyone stupid or mentioned any other companies.

As I have said Ads, we have different opinions unfortunately. I don't see why I should sit & say nothing when I see figures pop up online that are similar to mines, the only difference being the tuner/dyno. One result isn't questioned in the slightest because of who it came from but the other gets several comments about inaccuracy and high readings. If one is inaccurate then so is the other & vice versa, wouldn't you agree?

You can't have 2 very similar read outs from two different locations but one is wrong & the other is right.  Again it wasn't specifically you or CB either, just general people on the FB pages but to say I shouldn't question Pro alfa's results when others question my own read outs doesn't seem fair at all. Isn't that what social media is for? We can't all agree every time. For what it is worth I would love for the figures with regards to the GT1446 turbo to be correct obviously, having that turbo in my own car. I just think with the two tuning disappointments I have had thus far with both this 180 (GT1446) and my APE esseesse(GT1446) before it, I am a lot more conservative with what is achievable now to avoid another disappointment.

-Grey Leather Sabelts
-Interscope
-Yellow Brembos
-Engine Remap
-H&R Springs
-12mm & 16mm Spacers
-Mtech Short Shifter
-LED rear lamps
-CF Front Splitter
-CF Dipped Dash

Offline Brian1612

• 695 Member
  • 200 bhp Competizione
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2016, 03:01:56 PM »
Brian you only question Proalfa's results.  As such, and perhaps you don't realise, it has started to look like a personal crusade. You don't question anyone else just  Proalfa. Like clockwork as soon as results are posted or mention is made to gains made at PA you can almost set a clock by your response. It's not like you have ever had any dealings with them either.  Out of interest why didn't you get your car tuned by Andy Dawson if they are the leading experts? Also why Angel tuning if they couldn't map your car live on a dyno? If you think that Proalfa are good tuners you could have gone them to tune yours and dyno'd it as you did when home. It's not like they were that far from Angel?  that would have proved or disproved Andy Dawson's........sorry your thoughts on what can or can't be done. It's bad enough that he has decided to make the statements he does about "other" tuners in the marketing his website. A self declared expert tends to only have one fan......themselves. Chris has made significant developments with the software on these cars. I'm looking forward to my upgrade on Wednesday. I will post them where you can find them. I'm hoping for 220 hp and 280 ft lb of torque. When I'm done why don't we meet half way for a straight line race and we can settle this once and for all.

It hasn't always been Pro Alfa Adam, seen a few dyno runs that I have passed comment on based on the comments I had on my own ran standard. I don't know where you have read that but my car was tuned with a dyno by Angel Tuning Scotland which are a completely different entity to the Angel Tuning you know. Paul at Angel Tuning Scotland is local to me (Ayr) & sold his part of the company & broke away from Angel Tuning  years ago due to the other original partners he started the business with selling up. Travelling down to Abarth Racing or Pro Alfa was way too far for me to travel personally & that is the only reason I didn't consider either of them, early on I actually inquired to both companies.

I'd love to do that Adam but your car is a bit different to mines, it won't be a standard car with a simple remap will it so hardly fair for a remap only comparison? What I would love to see is one of these cars running high figures like yours and andrews on the GT1446 being dyno'd on the same road as mines. Would de-funk all the doubts for me at least.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 03:07:12 PM by Brian1612 »
-Grey Leather Sabelts
-Interscope
-Yellow Brembos
-Engine Remap
-H&R Springs
-12mm & 16mm Spacers
-Mtech Short Shifter
-LED rear lamps
-CF Front Splitter
-CF Dipped Dash

Offline Brian1612

• 695 Member
  • 200 bhp Competizione
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2016, 03:46:29 PM »
As you aren't just another name on a screen & knowing you somewhat, yeah I would believe the figures you come away with Adam. EFI seems to be an accurate dyno ;)

It does seem the torque on mines is a little low looking around. If we go with the first dyno I used though which quoted 228 lb/ft as standard (similar to other 180s  dyno'd) I think the torque may be a lot higher then. I actually intend to go back to that first dyno to see how my remap performs on that. I have a week off in September so plan to get her on the rollers again just for another piece of evidence for my own map.
-Grey Leather Sabelts
-Interscope
-Yellow Brembos
-Engine Remap
-H&R Springs
-12mm & 16mm Spacers
-Mtech Short Shifter
-LED rear lamps
-CF Front Splitter
-CF Dipped Dash

Offline Brian1612

• 695 Member
  • 200 bhp Competizione
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2016, 08:35:25 PM »
Dare say many light hearted arguments would be the story of the day :D let me know how you get on Adam, suppose it is a good indicator of whats possible on my own car with a few mods like yourself!
-Grey Leather Sabelts
-Interscope
-Yellow Brembos
-Engine Remap
-H&R Springs
-12mm & 16mm Spacers
-Mtech Short Shifter
-LED rear lamps
-CF Front Splitter
-CF Dipped Dash

Offline heliharris

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2016, 08:39:44 AM »
I would suggest that it`s almost impossible to know which particular dyno is giving accurate results at any given time.

Personally the graph i was given showing the before and after re-map results is just an indication of the power increase achieved (after minus before ) this should be as near accurate as is possible.

The real test is of course... is in the way the car drives after the re-map...which in my case is.... brilliantly.

I had never used ProAlpha`s services before,  i used Angel last time, where no graph of the results achieved was given , and i was just as happy with the driving results.

What i do know is..... that Chris has a wealth of practical  knowledge regarding his work on Abarths,... and i would much prefer him to do anything to my car than the vast majority of  dealerships so called "technicians".

Mick.

Offline Brian1612

• 695 Member
  • 200 bhp Competizione
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2016, 11:04:55 AM »
Couldn't agree more HeliHarris. I guess we can only assume the dyno closer to the quoted factory numbers is the most accurate but again, not always the case ;) All it does is show the map has worked :)
-Grey Leather Sabelts
-Interscope
-Yellow Brembos
-Engine Remap
-H&R Springs
-12mm & 16mm Spacers
-Mtech Short Shifter
-LED rear lamps
-CF Front Splitter
-CF Dipped Dash