Author Topic: Dashcam installation  (Read 1354 times)

Offline Graeme838

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: C15 GMW
Dashcam installation
« on: March 19, 2016, 09:43:11 PM »
Hi, I have a dashcam unit which fits over the rear view mirror but for a decent look the power wires need to be run under the headlining and dash down to the cig lighter.

I'm wary of doing this myself as I don't want break anything...is this something you could do for me (for a charge of course)?

TIA

Graeme
Even if you are one in a million like your mum told you, that means there are 7500 people just like you on the planet...

Offline Rizler

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
Re: Dashcam installation
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2016, 12:00:45 AM »
Do it yourself very very easy get a plastic tool similar to a flat head screwdriver and and just pop the wire into the headliner took me 5mins to do

I can post some pics if you need

Offline 595girlie

• 695 Member
  • Hanging out the washing is a dangerous sport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2016, 08:08:12 AM »
I just pushed mine in with my fingers.  Just had to yank the door seal a bit to tuck the cable under there, but it's really not hard or a job I would pay someone to do.  Especially if you are just using the cig lighter.  Mine is hardwired and I did it myself with a fuse adapter.
595 Competizione | Campovolo Grey | Red Mirrors | Side Stripes | Chequered Roof | Red Leather Sabelts | Interscope | Heko Wind Deflectors | Forge Induction Hose | Novitec Lowering Springs | Airtec FMIC | Milltek Turbo Back Exhaust | Forge Actuator | IHI Hybrid Turbo | ProAlfa Remap

Offline Tinman

• Barely Abarth
  • ...XTA....Passion & Power by Abarth.
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: 'N' & 'M'
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2017, 05:02:36 PM »
Hi All,

Can anyone recommended the best Dash cam ? I was thinking of the Nextbase GW312GW, but looks a bit chunky, I really would like a Mini cam - any recommendations?? thanks
...Tinman......Smiles by Abarth! 😎

Offline 137699

• Abarth Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2017, 04:49:30 PM »
As above - push in with fingers - then drill a small hole next to the cig socket so you can hide all the wires under the centre console - like this: