Author Topic: BIG Thanks to Chris  (Read 2033 times)

Offline Mark#46

• Abarth Professional
  • Podium Blue 180 Competizione
    • View Profile
BIG Thanks to Chris
« on: July 28, 2016, 04:54:33 PM »
Well as title just a BIG THANK's to Chris and the guys at Pro Alfa
was down there all day yesterday for my 1st visit having some upgrades on my 180 Comp done.It was great to meet Chris and his team they looked after my car as if it was  there own (did'nt upset my OCD to much),and as i took the GF with me Chris dropped us off in Watford so she could check out the shops and i had to buy her lunch ,so that kept her happy  ;Dwhile the work was being done
Will be back soon for more work(when the parts arrive :-X)
once again TOP COMPANY  :)

CHEERS PRO ALFA
Mark
ProAlfa re-map,Airtec FMIC,BMC Induction kit,Forge Actuator,Power Motive Exhaust,H+R lowering spring's,Repartocorse spacers 12mm F /16mm R

Offline Stef Villagreen

• Abarth Professional
  • 595 Competizione
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: RO63HUZ
Re: BIG Thanks to Chris
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2016, 12:18:43 PM »
couldn't agree more! Chris and the team at ProAlfa are great, very friendly and helpful and do treat your car as their own. I am heading down to see Chris tomorrow morning to get my forge intake fitted. Cant wait :)

Offline Carlo

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: LE16 OUO
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, 06:55:13 AM »
Hello Chaps, I am trying to get a quote from ProAlfa for the install of a new exhaust system, I have phoned a couple of times now and also emailed them, but I am yet to get a response, how quickly do they usually respond as it has been a few days now without any reply, can they install the akrapovic exhaust system or do they usually stock other items, could this be the reason for the delay?

Also is their a better exhaust that you guys would recommend over the akrapovic exhaust ?

Thanks

Carlo
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 07:03:52 AM by Carlo »
Abarth 595 Competizione - 2016 pastel red - performance pack - black alloys - carbon sabelt seats - Power Motive Exhaust System with Induction kit and AlfaPro remap = bloody fast !!

Offline Carlo

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2016, 09:00:47 AM »

Unfortunately ProAlfa have become victims of their own success. They are too busy to manage enquiries effectively. My advice would be to wait until Chris has come back from holiday on the 27th. He leaves soon. I can't defend not replying to you, it's frustrating and unacceptable, but that's the reason why. I am trying to book my new turbo in and might as well be shouting in a dark empty room 😄. Irrespective emails are a waste of time. Either speak on the phone or face to face.

As for exhausts, the Power Motive is an excellent alternative, does everything the Akarapovic does, it as good if not better build quality, sounds better, has more of a difference in sound between open and closed and saves you circa 700 over the stupidly inflated price the other commands? Plus on a stock car the akrapovic is too quiet.

Hope that helps.

Thanks AD, for the reply, that would explain why I have not heard back then. It is slightly frustrating when you cannot wait to get a new and exciting option fitted to the car, I will most certainly look at the Power Motive option as when listening to a Youtube video of the akrapovic exhaust it did sound really quiet, not even as loud as my current monza exhaust.

Appreciated  :)

Carlo
Abarth 595 Competizione - 2016 pastel red - performance pack - black alloys - carbon sabelt seats - Power Motive Exhaust System with Induction kit and AlfaPro remap = bloody fast !!

Offline Carlo

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2016, 03:42:41 PM »
@AD, I went with the Power Motive exhaust system in the end, so have it on order with Induction kit and maybe a new intercooler, still trying to decide on that bit, but ProAlfa will call me once the Power Motive is in and book an install date, cannot wait  8)

Offline Mark#46

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2016, 04:04:09 PM »
@AD, I went with the Power Motive exhaust system in the end, so have it on order with Induction kit and maybe a new intercooler, still trying to decide on that bit, but ProAlfa will call me once the Power Motive is in and book an install date, cannot wait  8)

Good choice,after having a listen to ADS Power Motive i also went for that one,having it fitted @ Pro Alfa this coming Saturday cant wait  :)
ProAlfa re-map,Airtec FMIC,BMC Induction kit,Forge Actuator,Power Motive Exhaust,H+R lowering spring's,Repartocorse spacers 12mm F /16mm R

Offline Carlo

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2016, 06:07:24 PM »

Good choice,after having a listen to ADS Power Motive i also went for that one,having it fitted @ Pro Alfa this coming Saturday cant wait  :)

I cannot wait, but I have no choice they need to order it all in, but I am sure it will be worth it  8)

Offline Carlo

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2016, 07:58:41 AM »
I am having my Power Motive exhaust system with induction kit and also a remap done by ProAlf on the 10/10/2016 and I cannot wait, the Abarth 595 is already an amazing drive so what will it be like after this   8)

Offline Carlo

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2016, 02:36:03 PM »
I am having my Power Motive exhaust system with induction kit and also a remap done by ProAlf on the 10/10/2016 and I cannot wait, the Abarth 595 is already an amazing drive so what will it be like after this   8)

I am still waiting for my exhaust to arrive, have been waiting for over a month now and not fitted, getting a bit discontented with all this waiting, should I have gone somewhere else to get this done !?!

Offline R34gtr

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2016, 07:51:12 PM »
Hi Carlo the wait will be worth it
I had the same problems see the exhaust comes from Italy but through Tmc
No Tmc won't just order 1 exhaust they wait till they have a few orders
If still not in you can ask for a more expensive delivery option just to ship yours

Offline Carlo

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2016, 09:11:24 AM »
Hi Carlo the wait will be worth it
I had the same problems see the exhaust comes from Italy but through Tmc
No Tmc won't just order 1 exhaust they wait till they have a few orders
If still not in you can ask for a more expensive delivery option just to ship yours

Hi R34gtr, thanks for the advice, although I have now had the exhaust fitted and the work ProAlfa carried out was superb, with a first class job being done on my car.

Very happy with the results and the car is now much quicker than stock, with tons of pull and a lovely sound from the exhaust, very pleased I waited for the Power Motive exhaust !

Offline Mark#46

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2016, 11:38:35 AM »
Nice one Carlo,I had to wait about 7 weeks for my Power Motive as ordered when Italy shuts for the summer  8) been on about 2 months now and sounds better every week,if your @ Silverstone we will have to compare  noise  :)

Offline Carlo

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2016, 03:07:59 PM »
Nice one Carlo,I had to wait about 7 weeks for my Power Motive as ordered when Italy shuts for the summer  8) been on about 2 months now and sounds better every week,if your @ Silverstone we will have to compare  noise  :)

I wish I was able to attend but I have an event this weekend that I cannot miss, work that is, but I will be going along to the AceCafe meet on 10/11/2016.

Here is a couple of shots of my backend lol.