Author Topic: Second Abarth From Research  (Read 958 times)

Offline Fish

• 695 Member
  • 595 Comp
    • View Profile
Second Abarth From Research
« on: November 06, 2016, 01:42:23 PM »
I've just picked up my second Abarth from Research Garage, and very much like my first purchase the deal was completed with ease. Oliver contacted me to see how I was enjoying my old turismo and I showed an interest in the current shape, but this time upgrading to the comp. We spec'd up a car and in a short time scale a deal was done and I collected it last Tuesday. I've since put 400 miles on it and here's my observations on it.

A marked upgrade on the seating and suspension side of things, not so harsh and crashy, the monza exhaust has a nice little rasp to it, like an upset wasp. The car has the aerial on the rear quarter window on the offside, which hasn't given the best of performance. The DAB drops stations at will. I wonder if swapping to an old style roof mount would resolve? The brakes are nice and big, with big Brembo stickers on them, but the do squeal at times when driving around town. Sadly Abarth/Fiat haven't resolved the issue of the indicator cancelling itself when indicating to turn right but having to have a quick turn left first. 

Would I buy from Research again, yes without hesitation.

Fish

Offline olloyd

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
Re: Second Abarth From Research
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 11:00:21 AM »
Thank-you Fish for coming up and visiting us again! Glad you're happy with the vehicle.

Olloyd