Author Topic: Light at the end of the tunnel...  (Read 836 times)

Offline S13GE

• Events Leader
  • 695 Member
  • Instagram - ts13ger
    • View Profile
    • My Soundcloud
  • Registration Number: TS13GER
Light at the end of the tunnel...
« on: January 23, 2017, 08:03:06 PM »
Well this would be a real essay if I gave all of the details here, however the general story is that Platts, Stoke-on-Trent had 3 failed attempts at ordering me a lovely Modena Yellow Series 4 Competizione (with all of the trimmings including Performance Pack).

I ended up going to Research Abarth after hearing and seeing so much positive feedback about them, so placed my order in November 2016. Unfortunately, after a very smooth start of a 15 minute order over the phone, when the car arrived last week Abarth had built the car to the incorrect spec - somehow not fitting the LSD and putting the wrong wheels on! So a big factory error; how this has happened I have no idea nor do Research.

Anyway, although it seems like I'll have to do some more waiting, the service from Richard and now Oliver has been lovely, apart from a slight stumble of not letting me know the car had arrived at the dealership (albeit missing the LSD & Supersport wheels) Oliver has stuck to his word thus far and it looks like I'll be having a courtesy car from Research in the meantime; who seem to be starting to look after me and understanding how I must feel after 4 failed orders...finally feels like I have some hope.

The new car has been reordered today, the factory build sheet will be sent to me to confirm tomorrow, then hopefully Abarth UK will help expedite the production & delivery.

I hope to have the 'half-breed' that arrived and at least I can appreciate the inside of the car (and Modena Yellow paint), as everything including the Carbon Sabelts, Beats and 7" were added correctly by the factory.

Research...I'm counting on you and Abarth UK to get your heads together and deliver my car with no issues - not the dealerships' fault at all but Abarth need to show some responsibility and customer service to their loyal customers.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 08:14:15 PM by S13GE »
Modena Yellow 595 Competizione | Performance Pack |  Novitec Challenge Corse Evo Exhaust | TMC Decat | H&R Lowering Springs | M-Tech Short Shifter | Yellow Brembos | Beats Audio  system | 7" Infotainment sat nav | ProAlfa Stage 1 remap:::210bhp/277lbft... instagram me :D

Offline S13GE

• Events Leader
  • 695 Member
  • Instagram - ts13ger
    • View Profile
    • My Soundcloud
Re: Light at the end of the tunnel...
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2017, 10:10:41 AM »
As promised, I have an S4 595 Competizione (2-tone not yellow) courtesy car while I wait for Abarth to try again and build the correct car.

Well done Research, you guys are providing me with actual customer service, really really good thank you  :)

Can't wait for the new one to arrive (with the LSD and Supersport wheels lol), this S4 Comp courtesy car is lovely to drive, such an improvement over my S3.

Oliver has been a top bloke and sorted me the car out a day early with very short notice, cheers!
Modena Yellow 595 Competizione | Performance Pack |  Novitec Challenge Corse Evo Exhaust | TMC Decat | H&R Lowering Springs | M-Tech Short Shifter | Yellow Brembos | Beats Audio  system | 7" Infotainment sat nav | ProAlfa Stage 1 remap:::210bhp/277lbft... instagram me :D

Offline Darko

• Abarth Professional
  • A500 owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 10:24:10 AM »
I really like the colour combo

Offline S13GE

• Events Leader
  • 695 Member
  • Instagram - ts13ger
    • View Profile
    • My Soundcloud
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 11:59:00 PM »
yes it's certainly grown on me, lovely car to have as a courtesy while mine is being built (again).

Cracking service from Research