Author Topic: Help with the colour  (Read 2022 times)

Offline AR4C

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
Help with the colour
« on: January 26, 2017, 05:14:15 PM »
Hello everyone,

sorry for making a new topic but couldnt find anything similar.

I ordered 2017 Abarth Competizione in bicolor (Scorpion black/record grey) but couldnt see it in person. I also ordered the brown sabelt seats, black decals on the outside and carbon fiber look dash on the inside. Now im worried that it would be too much, how would you say, flashy? What do you guys think? I like the bicolor colour in black/grey. The only one i also like is circuit grey, but also didnt saw it in person.

Should i change the colour or stick with bicolore? I know its a personal preference but any help would be very appreciated.

Best regards from Slovenia.

Nejc
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 05:16:45 PM by AR4C »

Offline Darko

• Abarth Professional
  • A500 owner
    • View Profile
Re: Help with the colour
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 05:18:47 PM »
I like the bi colour but think decals might be a bit much but as you say it's personal preference .

On the plus side if it turns up and the decals are too much you can always remove them

Cheers Darko

Offline AR4C

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 05:28:02 PM »
Thanks for the answer.

How about the bicolore colour againts the one colour options.  In the forum gallery i dont see much bicolore options if any. Are they not well accepted with the abarth crowd? Sorry for not so good english :)

Offline Darko

• Abarth Professional
  • A500 owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2017, 07:53:52 PM »
Well I have a solid white abarth but my next will be a bi colour c so I am biased and really love the bi colour,

We all just love abarth and are not prejudice over colour lol, as you say it's personal preference but I like your choice

Darko

Offline Fish

• 695 Member
  • 595 Comp
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2017, 08:18:04 PM »
I have the black/record grey bicolour but with black sabelts. Your choice of tan isn't to my taste, but if you like it then that is all that matters.

We all like different things in life, just go with your gut. The only bit that lets it down in my opinion is the white taped line. It doesn't look that secure.

Fish

Offline Richard H

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: LL16 PXK
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2017, 09:55:51 PM »
With the Bi bicolour I wouldn't have the decals.

Tan Sabelts would be my choice

Once you get it, you can get the mirror caps to suit what you want, maybe carbon look mirrors to match the dash (ebay)

In the end, its your car, so your choices 8)

Offline jenniferlouise

• 695 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2017, 10:13:40 PM »
I think it's an excellent choice!! The few pics I've seen of the black/grey make me think this sets off the 500 really well. The tan seats breaks up the monochrome. I'd suggest looking at either a 'c' or sliding roof option for the days when the sun comes out. A
Abarth history : 2014 595C Turismo Scorpione Black I 2016 595C Turismo Podium Blue I 2017 695C Yamaha XSR Circuit Grey #035 I saga will be continued...

Offline AR4C

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2017, 12:25:33 PM »
Starting to move towards the Circuit Grey. I will go to the dealer and find out if i can still change the colour, i ordered the car on monday. I like the bicolor but maybe suits the Turismo version more. Circuit Grey is more "racing" colour and imho more suitable for the Competizione version.

Offline AR4C

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2017, 08:19:40 PM »
One more question, which stock alloys are the lightest that you can buy from Abarth for competizione? Supersport?

Offline Fish

• 695 Member
  • 595 Comp
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2017, 11:17:39 AM »
Here's a pic of mine with the supersports. Can't comment on the weight of them as that's what it came with.

Fish

Offline jenniferlouise

• 695 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2017, 02:30:46 PM »
I think this two-tone look is just spot-on.   A
Abarth history : 2014 595C Turismo Scorpione Black I 2016 595C Turismo Podium Blue I 2017 695C Yamaha XSR Circuit Grey #035 I saga will be continued...

Offline Richard H

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: LL16 PXK
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2017, 10:24:45 AM »
I would consider a decal free Bi Coloure next.

Offline AR4C

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2017, 08:41:48 PM »
Thanks for the help. Change the order to circuit grey with black decals with brown leather sabelts. And added performance kit.

Sorry for the random questions, but who is good (the best) tuner for abarths in europe? I found Pogea Racing and G-Tech. Anybody else?

thank you

Offline HWK 114

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2017, 11:11:12 PM »
Thanks for the help. Change the order to circuit grey with black decals with brown leather sabelts. And added performance kit.

Sorry for the random questions, but who is good (the best) tuner for abarths in europe? I found Pogea Racing and G-Tech. Anybody else?

thank you
I have Circuit Grey and the colour looks very different on a sunny day compared to a dull cloudy day.  It has a light grey finish when sunny and dark grey when cloudy. S the my photos. Also, you don't see too many other Circuit Grey on the roads. If you are coming over from Europe in the car via channel tunnel 30 mins away is JF Automotive . They tune anything from Abarth to Veyron. Many with Abarth from the very South of England are using them if you don't want to go as far as London. Great guys.
200+ Competizione, circuit grey, yellow callipers, Sabelt black leather, Forge Induction, Forge FMIC, JFA Stage 1, Bilstein B14/16 Coliovers, 12/16mm Reparto Corse Spacers, Biposto Hood.

Offline AR4C

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2017, 09:25:45 AM »

thank you
I have Circuit Grey and the colour looks very different on a sunny day compared to a dull cloudy day.  It has a light grey finish when sunny and dark grey when cloudy. S the my photos. Also, you don't see too many other Circuit Grey on the roads. If you are coming over from Europe in the car via channel tunnel 30 mins away is JF Automotive . They tune anything from Abarth to Veyron. Many with Abarth from the very South of England are using them if you don't want to go as far as London. Great guys.

Great pics! Im still not 100 sure for the colour, but i think it will look great in person. Imho its the closest to the original campovolo colour without being the campovolo :D If that makes sense..

What figures did you get from the remap and how does the car drives compared to the original?