Author Topic: 595 Turismo owner in Warrington  (Read 825 times)

Offline 99%chimp

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
595 Turismo owner in Warrington
« on: May 14, 2017, 03:17:37 PM »
Hi AOC,

Nice site you have here, have been lurking a little while reading up prior to buying.    I picked up a pre-reg podium blue Turismo this week in the spec I was looking for.
Here's a quick pic:

I've been a Smart fanboy for a while, just sold my roadster and replaced a forfour with this.  Did keep my 451 turbo cabrio however.
Absolutely love the abarth, very pleased with my purchase.  Had my eye on one for a little while since I did own a broom yellow seicento sporting back in the day.  :)

Now here's my first question if you don't mind.  The DRLs do not seem to come on at all that I can see.  My understanding was they should come on automatically with the ignition on but they don't.  Headlight/sidelights work fine and I don't get any warning lights on the dash.  Is there a setting somewhere they can be enabled/disabled that I'm missing?

Cheers,
Chimp

Offline X8GHD

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: TBA
Re: 595 Turismo owner in Warrington
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 03:37:25 PM »
Hi and congratulations on your purchase. No for some reason they never set the drl's at the factory or during the pdi. Basically it's really easy to set them from your screen under settings at leat if you have the sat nav screen, if not,I believe you use the settings on your trip computer using the stalk.
Hope this helps!
GD

Offline Neil R

• 695 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2017, 07:24:59 PM »
hi, congratulations on your new car , have fun and enjoy
Abarth 695 XSR Yamaha Limited Edition. Kit Elaborazione.
Carbon Gear stick, Carbon Sill Plates .Smoked Wind Deflectors.

Offline Swisstony

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 09:25:32 AM »
Looks very nice in that colour, Walton gardens? my dad lives very near by there.

Offline 99%chimp

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 12:38:26 PM »
Thanks guys, think in my excitement I missed the setting for the DRLs buried in the menu's.   :D

@ swisstony - Dunham Massey actually.  But I do know Walton as well.  Your Dad in Stockton Heath or nearby?
I'm from the Penketh (Widnes) side of town but have lived here most my life.

Offline Swisstony

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2017, 01:38:42 PM »
Hi, Yes the old man lives in Stockton Heath but I was brought up in Birchwood, you'll have to get some yellow/primrose on your Abarth in support of the mighty wires! ;)