Author Topic: 695 Yamaha XSR Edition  (Read 6657 times)

Offline Andy595

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
695 Yamaha XSR Edition
« on: May 23, 2017, 06:32:20 AM »
Hi Guys
Am contemplating the above. It looks like a Turismo with extras.
Does any body know if it is fitted with the Garret turbo or the IHI?
Cheers
Andy

Offline jenniferlouise

• 695 Member
    • View Profile
Re: 695 Yamaha XSR Edition
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 09:12:12 PM »
Hi Andy. The latest Yamaha limited edition is based on a 595 Turismo. I believe the series 4 gets the Garret turbo shared with the Competizione unlike the series 3 with the IHI. Produces the same 165ps as the Turismo too. lots of detail on the Abarth official site, and some good images and video on YouTube. I understand an early build car was at Abarth Day last weekend...

Anyway, others more technically gifted will undoubtedly provide a better level of detail. Failing that, you can wait a few weeks until ours turns up and I'll give you the full low-down  ;)
Abarth history : 2014 595C Turismo Scorpione Black I 2016 595C Turismo Podium Blue I 2017 695C Yamaha XSR Circuit Grey #035 🦂 & Yamaha Tricity MW125 scooter 😎

Offline Neil R

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 09:31:05 PM »
Hi Andy..
Not certain on the turbo,  however there was a 595  XSR at Arbarth day last saturday . numbered 000/695
The promo pictures look good , the car in the flesh looks great.
The first dealers models should be available early to mid june i believe . hopefully mine should arrive at the same time .
`Ive order the 695 XSR with the 180 bhp and brake upgrade, with carbon door sills , carbon gear stick and carbon pedals .
Its a great looking piece of kit, and well worth considering .
Abarth 695 XSR Yamaha Limited Edition. Kit Elaborazione.
Carbon Gear stick, Carbon Sill Plates .Smoked Wind Deflectors.

Offline Andy595

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 09:34:38 PM »
Hi Jennifer
Thanks for the reply,  I would be interested to hear what you think of the car, we are pretty sure this is the one for us, not sure whether the IHI or Garrett turbo is a massive issue any way as we don't rag the car too much.
Andy

Offline CJ

• 695 Member
  • Dino Abartho
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: DN10WMV
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017, 09:49:39 PM »
Not totally sure but going by the numbers it will be the IHI for 160 odd horses  :)
2010 RossoSfr Essesse~ATM Intercooler~FORGE Intake Actuator BOV~Powermotive CAT Back Exhaust~HPSI Hoses~Bluespark~MTEC SS~PC680 Lightweight Battery~AP Coilovers~5F/10R Spacers~17x7 EC SanremoCorse

Offline FRZ

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: FRZ 595
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2017, 10:10:05 AM »
The 695 XSR does come with Garrett turbo, the same as the S4 Turismo. The way the car has been specced pairs it up perfectly with the 180 Elaborazione kit (only available with the Garett turbo) which would take it to the same power as the Competizione. The press release (below) hints at that which is quite a clever move as it gives a choice of specs while keeping it all factory standard.

Personally I think the XSR, with the kit, is the ultimate Abarth you could by at the moment. If it was an option when I bought I probably would have chosen it over my S4 595c Comp. My only reservation would have been the lack of Sabelts but the Akrapovic, carbon dash, Biposto handles/badge trim and exclusivity would have won me over.

I also love the fact itís only available as a convertible, every Abarth should be a convertible!

From press release
A 1.4 T-Jet engine delivering 165 HP sits beneath the bonnet. Equipment on this special series includes Koni rear suspension and Eibach springs, 17'' Supersport alloy rims with Matt Black finish, Satin Chrome accents on handles and badge supports, red details on bumpers and mirrors, red brake callipers and a braking system with perforated discs. This version can be customised even further using the tuning kit to increase the power to 180 HP, improve handling by fitting a Koni front suspension with FSD (Frequency Selective Damping) valve and make braking even prompter with 305x28mm perforated and self-ventilating Brembo floating front discs with high-performance Ferodo HP 1000/1 front brake pads.
2016 595c Competizione 180 | Campovolo Grey | Series 4

Offline Neil R

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2017, 11:13:44 AM »
Just a point of clarity ....the 695 XSR is available as a Convertable or Hatch Back.
Also just recieved a call from the dealer......initially only 100 units available for the UK.

Neil

Offline Andy595

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2017, 06:43:40 PM »
Not totally sure but going by the numbers it will be the IHI for 160 odd horses  :)

Hi CJ
The reason for the question was based on the new Turismo being rated at 165 bhp and has a Garrett turbo, my series 3 Turismo is 160 and has the IHI.
Thanks for the replies.
Andy

Offline Neil R

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2017, 09:55:09 PM »
A couple of pictures of the XSR on display at Rockingham last saturday

Offline Neil R

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2017, 09:57:34 PM »
 :)

Offline Neil R

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2017, 10:00:32 PM »
 :)

Offline Neil R

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2017, 10:04:29 PM »
For bike fans ..the yamaha  900XSR

Offline jenniferlouise

• 695 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2017, 11:13:28 PM »
Neil, how does the 180ps and Brembo upgrade work? Is that the Elaborazione kit mentioned? We enquired about adding Brembo brakes as most of the promo stuff shows them but it's cost prohibitive from the outset... will be on the lookout for a set of red calipers over the coming months. Only 100 units is great news for exclusivity too, so thanks.
Abarth history : 2014 595C Turismo Scorpione Black I 2016 595C Turismo Podium Blue I 2017 695C Yamaha XSR Circuit Grey #035 🦂 & Yamaha Tricity MW125 scooter 😎

Offline Neil R

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2017, 09:06:13 PM »
Hi JenniferLouise.........
The upgrade kit comes in 2 parts .......the first is the 180 bhp flash tool , and then the Elaborazione kit. As the car is so new the dealers and myself contacted Arbarth Turin to verify how to order the the upgrade. One of the issues that needed clarification was which kit would complement the Akrapovic exhaust system.
The kits is delivered to the  dealers and then fitted at the dealership.  The cost of the upgrade is approx £2430.00
I must say Abarth customer services in the UK and Turin along with the dealership have been fantastic, ( including direct calls from the Turin Factory )
Also , having contacted my car insurer , they have confirmed that the upgrades will be listed as manufacture upgrades and not aftermarket modification so having very little effect on the premium , about £29 extra for the next 6 months .
Cant wait for the car to arrive , and i`m sure your the same.
Oh , one question ......did you order and register for the VIP kit ?

neil

Offline jenniferlouise

• 695 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2017, 10:28:55 PM »
Thanks for the information. I think we will look out for a Brembo kit for fitting later, jenniferlouise would rather spend the extra £££s on some sunshine! Didn't go for the VIP package either, in part because we didn't make a commitment until it was about to close and also because it didn't seem that 'VIP'.   However, like you, really looking forward to picking up the car and having one of the first.  I'm wondering whether it will come with Pirelli or Michelin tyres...