Author Topic: 695 Yamaha XSR Edition  (Read 6625 times)

Offline Andy595

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
Re: 695 Yamaha XSR Edition
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2017, 07:25:53 PM »
Whilst I do not know on the 695 Yamaha, my understanding is that the Supersport wheels if fitted to the Comp model are fitted with Michelin tyres. I hope so, not because the Pirelli's are bad, just had them on the last two Turismo's we have had and I fancy the change.
If you can get a 180 bhp upgrade, does this confirm the turbo is a Garrett or can 180 be squeezed out of the IHI?
We have ordered by the way, so is on the way for delivery in the next couple of weeks😁😎

Offline jenniferlouise

• 695 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2017, 07:57:51 PM »
Which dealer is yours coming from? Hard top or convertible? As mentioned before, and backed up by FRZ, the series 4 Turismo has the Garrett turbo and now has 165ps, whereas your earlier Turismo, like ours, has the IHI and 160ps. I believe the IHI is now only in the Custom/595 entry car and 145ps.  I've read the extra few horses makes a noticeable difference however Stef has also reported elsewhere that the Garrett can suffer a bit more lag due to its bigger size. So take it you have had confirmation of build now? We have too so just waiting for the slow boat from Italy to dock...  ;)  still smiling at your mention of just 100 initial units coming to UK  8)
Abarth history : 2014 595C Turismo Scorpione Black I 2016 595C Turismo Podium Blue I 2017 695C Yamaha XSR Circuit Grey #035 🦂 & Yamaha Tricity MW125 scooter 😎

Offline Neil R

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2017, 09:04:13 PM »
The car is coming from Rockingham  Northampton......i`ve ordered the hard top version .
Spoke to Alec at the dealership today and my car is built and has arrived at the docks in the uk.  Our understanding is that the official release date is sometime in mid June, however Alec is trying to find out if Abarth will allow an earlier release if the car is ready beforehand.
The upgrades have also arrived at the dealers now ...........just need the car now to get everything fitted.
I`m certain there will be a few very happy new Abarth owners during June ........ :) :) :) :) :) :)
Also received an unexpected email from Alec when i got home tonight .......picture attached .....
Abarth 695 XSR Yamaha Limited Edition. Kit Elaborazione.
Carbon Gear stick, Carbon Sill Plates .Smoked Wind Deflectors.

Offline Andy595

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2017, 10:22:37 AM »
Ours is coming from Richard Corts in Bury, is the hard top.
We did enquire from Research Garage and Stoneacre in Cleckheaton, we decided that Research were too far away and the offer from Corts appears to be excellent, coupled with him saying the car is on it's way in to stock, we decided to order straight away.
Thanks for the info regarding the turbo, hopefully I am correct re the tyres. Neither will spoil what I reckon is a cracking spec'd car though.
Andy

Offline jenniferlouise

• 695 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2017, 09:32:11 PM »
Update: code 35: 'in transit'  ::)
Abarth history : 2014 595C Turismo Scorpione Black I 2016 595C Turismo Podium Blue I 2017 695C Yamaha XSR Circuit Grey #035 🦂 & Yamaha Tricity MW125 scooter 😎

Offline Neil R

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2017, 07:09:11 AM »
Each day it gets closer and closer ... :)

Offline Neil R

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2017, 07:23:03 AM »
XSR  picture and lithographs , part of the VIP package......

Offline Andy595

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2017, 01:42:28 PM »
None of my previous buggies have had the Abarth side stripe, how does this fare when cleaning and polishing? My current car gets plenty of tar dots, will the dissolving agent damage the stripe?
Andy

Offline Richard H

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: LL16 PXK
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2017, 08:36:38 AM »
The stripes won't be damaged by tar remover, my previous two had white stripes and I used tar remover on them.

My current Abarth has black stripes on podium Blue, after polishing it I have to go along them with a cotton bud to get the polish line off. Apart from that no worries 8)

Offline Andy595

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2017, 12:40:07 PM »
The stripes won't be damaged by tar remover, my previous two had white stripes and I used tar remover on them.

My current Abarth has black stripes on podium Blue, after polishing it I have to go along them with a cotton bud to get the polish line off. Apart from that no worries 8)
Great, thanks for the reply, I assume that if I follow the guidance of some posts on the detailing tab here that after polishing, I use a panel while before sealing, the residue should come off the stripe without need of a cotton bud?
Andy

Offline Richard H

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: LL16 PXK
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2017, 03:20:44 PM »
It may do.

I use Autoglym Super Resin polish with Poorboys Natty's Blue Wax, others may not show a line.

It could also be down to technique ;)

Offline X8GHD

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: TBA
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2017, 06:01:11 PM »
Hi, well chosen I think those Yamahas look great. If you can run to it, get a new car detail done and sel it all with gtechniq Christal serum with a couple of layers of exo on top for maximum gloss and beading then all you need is a maintenance detail spray. For best results avoid letting the dealer wash it send it straight to the detainer still with it's plastic protection on. Anyway enjoy what ever you decide to do!
George

Offline jenniferlouise

• 695 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2017, 11:57:57 AM »
Update: #40 'depot, unprepared' - its in the U.K!!  8)

Offline Neil R

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2017, 05:41:12 PM »
Any news yet on an official launch date for the XSR.......?
i`m still trying to find out , but no luck yet.
Neil

Offline Andy595

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2017, 06:26:25 PM »
Any news yet on an official launch date for the XSR.......?
i`m still trying to find out , but no luck yet.
Neil
Our dealer told us on Saturday that Our car is in the country, but will move at "snail pace" about 10 days or so. This would suit us down to the ground if it is just before the weekend of the 9th😎
Have either of you named your car yet?
Ours is already called Il terzio Diavolo😁