Author Topic: 695 Yamaha XSR Edition  (Read 6524 times)

Offline Neil R

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
Re: 695 Yamaha XSR Edition
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2017, 09:30:21 PM »
No name for mIne  yet,
 Neil.
Abarth 695 XSR Yamaha Limited Edition. Kit Elaborazione.
Carbon Gear stick, Carbon Sill Plates .Smoked Wind Deflectors.

Offline jenniferlouise

• 695 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2017, 10:04:08 PM »
Terzo = 3rd, Diavolo = devil. I get it Andy595. Jenniferlouise has provisionally named ours 'Massimo'  meaning maximum. Our first was 'Carlo', and the current is 'Lucca'.
Abarth history : 2014 595C Turismo Scorpione Black I 2016 595C Turismo Podium Blue I 2017 695C Yamaha XSR Circuit Grey #035 🦂 & Yamaha Tricity MW125 scooter 😎

Offline Andy595

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2017, 06:44:52 PM »
Terzo = 3rd, Diavolo = devil. I get it Andy595. Jenniferlouise has provisionally named ours 'Massimo'  meaning maximum. Our first was 'Carlo', and the current is 'Lucca'.
Ours have all followed a theme, the first red Turismo was called Piccolo Diavolo, the second and current one in Circuit Grey is called Diavolo Due, now as you rightly point is the third devil👹

Offline Neil R

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2017, 07:20:44 PM »
Notified today ,  695 XSR

Offline Andy595

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2017, 07:59:47 PM »
Notified today ,  695 XSR
Notified of what Neil?
A collection date?

Offline Neil R

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2017, 08:38:02 PM »
Hi Andy595.  Sorry about the last message......should have finished it   (whoops i`m  a muppet )
Have had notification my 695 XSR has gone to delivery status. Possible delivery to the dealer next week.
Heard a rumour other XSR`s could be being delivered out at the same time. ( Really hope its correct ).
Also had confirmation that everything for 180 upgrade is at the dealers , just need the car now.
Have you had any thoughts on possible security upgrades....???

Neil.

Offline Andy595

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2017, 09:03:20 PM »
Hi Andy595.  Sorry about the last message......should have finished it   (whoops i`m  a muppet )
Have had notification my 695 XSR has gone to delivery status. Possible delivery to the dealer next week.
Heard a rumour other XSR`s could be being delivered out at the same time. ( Really hope its correct ).
Also had confirmation that everything for 180 upgrade is at the dealers , just need the car now.
Have you had any thoughts on possible security upgrades....???

Neil.
Hi Neil
Great news the cars are getting closer, knowing the extra's are there but no car is a bit of a bummer!
We are unlikely to bother with security upgrades, we keep him in the garage at home, so safely tucked up. When at work he is mostly in a secure car park.
I know you can never be totally sure, but.... haven't had an issue yet🙏
Andy

Offline Neil R

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2017, 08:22:32 PM »
Hi all,
Had a call from the dealership today , to say they have refused to accept the 695 XSR allocated to me for delivery .
It turns out that the car on display at Abarth Day at Rockingham Raceway was the vehicle allocated for my order.

Offline jenniferlouise

• 695 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2017, 08:48:38 PM »
Neil sorry I'm being a bit stupid... so is there a car at the dock awaiting PDI. That you assumed was yours. Or the car you thought you were waiting for is already here, cunningly disguised as Abarth demo car, so your dealer won't accept it as 'slightly used' on your behalf, or they are telling you yours is the 'slightly used' and you can't have the one at the dock. Or is there no car at the dock??! I'm so confused!

The car at Geneva was #0/695.  I thought I saw an image of the numbered plaque of the Abarth day uk car as the same #0/695, so same car, but I can't now find it. I'd assume #0/695 belongs to Abarth, unless they simply re-badge it.

So what happens now?
Abarth history : 2014 595C Turismo Scorpione Black I 2016 595C Turismo Podium Blue I 2017 695C Yamaha XSR Circuit Grey #035 🦂 & Yamaha Tricity MW125 scooter 😎

Offline Neil R

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2017, 09:11:52 PM »
Hi jenniferlouise,
Its all very confusing to be honest .
Having spoken to Alec at the dealership last week , he informed formed me that my car had gone to delivery status and hoped the car would be with them this week.
Upon checking , he found out that the car for delivery was for an order placed some 2 weeks after mine. The dealership owners have been in contact with the suppliers at the docks who confirmed they couldnt find my allocated car. Late this afternoon the dealership was informed that my allocated vehicle was actually used as the hatchback demo car at Rockingham  ( looks like the car number 000/695 was going to be a re badge )
The dealership have refused to accept a car that has been used as a demo and had lots of people sitting in it and playing with it.
They have insisted on a new car being allocated and shipped to them . i have been told that there is another car available at the docks.
Just have to wait now for the delivery .. A  phone call to Abarth uk is on the cards very early tomorrow morning.
A point of interest.....i believe you ordered the soft top ?     There was a soft top on display at Rockingham too .......beware , it could be allocated to a customer ?????Neil.

Offline Andy595

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2017, 10:05:45 PM »
A bit of disappointing news, I think it clear that we should make absolutely sure the delivery mileage is minimal and traceability is robust, I for one do not want a show car rebadged as new.
On another subject, have any of you guys had insurance quotes yet?
Andy

Offline Neil R

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2017, 10:13:16 PM »
Hi, Andy ,
get the delivery miles checked for sure.
I`ve  been in contact with my insurance company about the XSR,  it will add about 30.00 to my insurance for the remaining 5/6 months of my policy . Depending what extra security i have put on the car it could actually become cheaper.  A full years policy for me should be about 400 - 420 for a full year .
Neil .

Offline Andy595

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2017, 06:28:20 AM »
Cheers Neil, l had a quote from John Lewis insurance and was a couple of hundred quid more for a year, we are with Adrian Flux at the moment, will be in touch with them when we know a delivery date.

Offline Neil R

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2017, 06:55:24 AM »
Andy , i`m with AXA..,
give them a try for a quote
Neil.

Offline jenniferlouise

• 695 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2017, 02:01:17 PM »
Email today from Oliver at Research... ours is in!