Author Topic: New Competzione  (Read 1140 times)

Offline Andy595

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
Re: New Competzione
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2017, 01:48:49 PM »

Thanks Andy !  Just counting down the days.
What colour are you getting and where in the country are you based?
Andy

Offline Squadrone Rosso

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: GK02 AYW
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2017, 08:12:35 PM »
The spec was changed in June.  I have the Abarth UK document from my dealer.

Scuff plates, pedal covers & fuel cap are now fitted at the factory.  The oil filler cap is no longer included.  Or the rear shelf.

Xenons, self dimming mirrors are no longer on the spec sheet either.

The BMC filter will be there, just not the badge.
Cheers,

Simon :)

Offline Steve zxr

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2017, 10:19:58 AM »

Hi Andy
I am getting her in Record Grey with yellow Brembo's . Also thinking about doing the Abarth on the grill Yellow as I have seen others and really liked it.
Based in Watford. Will look forward to coming to some meets soon and seeing more Abarth's on the road.

Offline Andy595

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2017, 02:34:57 PM »

Hi Andy
I am getting her in Record Grey with yellow Brembo's . Also thinking about doing the Abarth on the grill Yellow as I have seen others and really liked it.
Based in Watford. Will look forward to coming to some meets soon and seeing more Abarth's on the road.
Sounds pretty good to me, I like the Abarth grille, but have to say I do not have a steady enough hand to do it myself, hand writing is shocking🤡

Offline curt858985

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2017, 08:47:45 AM »
Hi all, my wife's new Competizione turned up yesterday it's a great car, I have one questions for 2017 Competizione owners I was on the understanding they came with Chrome oil and fuel caps and different sill kick plates, also I thought they had bmc air filter. It appears to have none of the above and just wanted other people's views or experience.
Many thanks Paul

I have been in touch with customer services, and have been told the oil and fuel caps are now optional extra, same for the sill plates and the rear parcel shelf no longer comes with Competizione badge
I believe you may get the sill plates if you get the upgraded performance pack, but I am afraid all the rest you will have to buy yourself at extra cost.
I am then however getting prices on a Competizione stitched parcel shelf in leather from MS racing and will make a decision on the rest at a later date 👍😉
Abarth 595 Modena Competizione - "Bumble"

Offline Richard H

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: LL16 PXK
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2017, 05:01:06 PM »
I thought the special shelf was dropped with Series 4, the other bits and pieces, not sure

Offline StevieJ

• Abarth Novice
  • Instagram @steviej_abarth
    • View Profile
    • Abarth Owners Club South East
  • Registration Number: SJ07 JAY
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2017, 11:48:03 PM »
I am then however getting prices on a Competizione stitched parcel shelf in leather from MS racing and will make a decision on the rest at a later date 👍😉

I have one from MS Racing - alcantara with custom stitching, very pleased with it.
Series 4 Comp - 206bhp & 276ftlb, BMC OTA , Forge BOV & intake, Power Motive exhaust, Bilstein B14's, 12&16mm spacers, DNA rear brace, camber plates, lateral tie rods, MTech, Mishimoto can, Defi boost gauge, wearelikewise shifter, GTT batt cover, red speaker grills, matt black roof & spoiler wrap

Offline Squadrone Rosso

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2017, 01:17:36 PM »

Hi all
             I will be picking my new Competzione very soon now and was just wondering how comes the alloy fuel /oil caps gear knob and kick plate don't come fitted at the factory. Sorry if this question has been asked before.
Hi
Not sure of the reasons why, but the above kit goes to the dealer under separate cover, I think the dealer has to match the car number to the pack and then gets to download the engine maps as well. Probably a security measure.
It shouldn't cause any issues for you though, I think the only issues have been with the XSR edition where they changed what was sent under separate cover after launching the model.
Enjoy the car.
Andy

Not anymore.  All factory fitted.
Cheers,

Offline Squadrone Rosso

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2017, 09:30:16 PM »
On the newest Comps, dealer just fits the fuel cap & filter.

I spotted the cap on collection.  The fitted that for me & gave me an oil cap gratis.

I suspect they forgot the filter, so I've asked!

There was no BMC badge so I bought one but re-reading what I've attached got me thinking!
Cheers,

Offline Andy595

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2017, 09:30:05 PM »

I spotted the cap on collection.  The fitted that for me & gave me an oil cap gratis.

There was no BMC badge so I bought one but re-reading what I've attached got me thinking!

Our dealer missed the fuel cap and air filter, both have been retro fitted at no cost on the XSR. With any luck your dealer should do the same for your filter.

Andy

Offline Squadrone Rosso

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2017, 06:11:20 PM »

Our dealer missed the fuel cap and air filter, both have been retro fitted at no cost on the XSR. With any luck your dealer should do the same for your filter.

Andy

Guess what? No BMC fitted by the dealer :(

They've posted me the kit though.

Not great though.

Cheers,

Offline mog

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: N10 OOD
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2017, 10:08:52 PM »

I have one from MS Racing - alcantara with custom stitching, very pleased with it.

Sir...I see you have a black Knob was that standard or have you altered it ?

Offline StevieJ

• Abarth Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2017, 08:48:52 AM »
Sir...I see you have a black Knob was that standard or have you altered it ?

It's a custom gear knob & stem from wearelikewise.
Series 4 Comp - 206bhp & 276ftlb, BMC OTA , Forge BOV & intake, Power Motive exhaust, Bilstein B14's, 12&16mm spacers, DNA rear brace, camber plates, lateral tie rods, MTech, Mishimoto can, Defi boost gauge, wearelikewise shifter, GTT batt cover, red speaker grills, matt black roof & spoiler wrap

Offline mog

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: N10 OOD
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2017, 09:42:01 PM »
Cheers, where did you get the carbon heater controls surround from as I have ordered the carbon dash and am interested.

Offline StevieJ

• Abarth Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2017, 11:56:44 AM »
Cheers, where did you get the carbon heater controls surround from as I have ordered the carbon dash and am interested.

They're manufactured by Koshi but you can buy them from MS Racing. The one's pictured on the site are the actual ones in my car - I went a bit mad and bought them all. Mike ordered on my behalf from the manufacturer and is now selling them. You may have to wait up to six weeks though as mine were made to order.

https://www.ms-r.co.uk/abarth-500-interior.html