Author Topic: Hello☺☺☺  (Read 768 times)

Offline SusieSue

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
Hello☺☺☺
« on: August 20, 2017, 03:18:32 PM »
Hi everyone, I'd just like to say hello to you all, I am going to see about buying a new Abarth Competizione this coming Saturday, I'm completely new to this make of car so I expect i will have plenty of questions to ask you in the coming months, hopefully you will be kind to a novice if I ask stupid questions😁

Offline jenniferlouise

• 695 Member
    • View Profile
Re: Hello☺☺☺
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 05:56:57 PM »
Another lady member!!! Welcome Susie Sue. Happy shopping. Get some pictures (as well as questions) up on the forum when you take delivery. JL
Abarth history : 2014 595C Turismo Scorpione Black I 2016 595C Turismo Podium Blue I 2017 695C Yamaha XSR Circuit Grey #035 🦂 & Yamaha Tricity MW125 scooter 😎

Offline oVerboost

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2017, 07:02:15 PM »
Welcome to the club

Get some pictures up once you've collected it.  :)

Offline Neil R

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2017, 07:05:36 PM »
Welcome to the club.  Pictures welcomed as always on collection day.
Have you decided on colour and upgrades ?
Neil.
Abarth 695 XSR Yamaha Limited Edition. Kit Elaborazione.
Carbon Gear stick, Carbon Sill Plates .Smoked Wind Deflectors.

Offline 137699

• Abarth Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2017, 09:48:38 AM »
My tip would be to compare with a Turismo before confirming an order.

The comp is quick that's for sure but it comes at a cost of very hard suspension and seats which many find uncomfortable.

Whereas the Turismo can be mapped up to Comp levels of performance but come with much more accommodating underpinnings.

Offline Eggey17

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2017, 06:39:48 PM »
Why not look at the Trofeo, I've got one and it's fantastic.

Offline curt858985

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2017, 08:37:26 AM »
Hi and welcome, only had mine two months, but loving every minute, enjoy your test drives of the 595 range, my advice is to try all the models, like I did before signing on the dotted line ........

Abarth 595 Modena Competizione - "Bumble"

Offline SusieSue

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2017, 03:53:35 PM »
Hi again and thank you all so much for your welcome, the car that I'm driving at the minute, and the one I'm going to trade in is a 2016 Honda civic type r gt, yes it's quite a quick car, but to be honest not that much fun, and some of the sub species that hassle me on the road I can do without, plus there seems to be a lot of problems starting to develop with gearbox's and general build quality that I've fell out of love with it, I would like to think that the suspension in a Competizione wouldn't be any harsher than on the Honda would it?? Especially in r mode.

Offline Splash

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2017, 05:48:46 PM »
That's quite a move, but I'd like to think you'd have as much fun in a Competizione if not more than your TR. It's going to be slower, 306HP vs 180HP and on paper 1 second slower but being a smaller car you can throw it around a lot and they're very forgiving. I have only had my Competizione (65 Registration) seven or so weeks and driven 3.5K miles in that time and tbh it's great. long trips not so but it is what it is. I came from a Honda CRV so perhaps too judgemental on long distance comfort.

I drive it everywhere in sport mode which does nothing to the car other than a small ECU change I believe which just makes it a little quicker in throttle response(someone correct me if I'm wrong) unlike the R mode in the civic which as you know changes the set up. Apparently purely an emissions 'thing' so it can pass in normal mode, it would fail in R mode if tested. Not sure how true that is. Normal mode is only useful for parking, MPG is virtually the same between modes with the same driving style so why not have the extra fun?!

Looking forward to the pictures, have fun!

« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 05:53:16 PM by Splash »
~595 Competizione 180~

Offline SusieSue

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2017, 07:18:21 PM »
Hi everyone,  just a quick update to this post, I went for a test drive last Saturday,  and I really enjoyed it, the performance compared to the Type r was obviously less (more the mid range rather than the initial acceleration ) but the ride wasn't any harder, and I really liked the way it looked and sounded, so I have ordered one, hopefully the idiot brigade that put me off my Honda will dissappear with no more tailgating for me.
I bought a Modena yellow with performance pack, 7 inch nav, carbon dash, Beats sound system, Bi xenon headlights, and day/ night electrochemic rear view mirror, I think that's it.
Before its too  late does anyone else think I should order anything else that you can't do without?.
The worst news is its an eight to ten week wait.

Offline Thesaint68

• Abarth Professional
  • Newbie Abarth owner
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: JB65 YAM
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2017, 08:36:01 AM »
Hi everyone,  just a quick update to this post, I went for a test drive last Saturday,  and I really enjoyed it, the performance compared to the Type r was obviously less (more the mid range rather than the initial acceleration ) but the ride wasn't any harder, and I really liked the way it looked and sounded, so I have ordered one, hopefully the idiot brigade that put me off my Honda will dissappear with no more tailgating for me.
I bought a Modena yellow with performance pack, 7 inch nav, carbon dash, Beats sound system, Bi xenon headlights, and day/ night electrochemic rear view mirror, I think that's it.
Before its too  late does anyone else think I should order anything else that you can't do without?.
The worst news is its an eight to ten week wait.

Hi SusieSue

The only thing I wish I had on my car is a sunroof...........don't know how expensive it is as an option?

Hopefully the weeks will fly by  :)

John
Podium blue Yamaha Factory Racing edition | Power Motive exhaust | Sports Cat | Bola B1 alloys l H&R lowering springs l 12mm & 10mm Spacers | ProAlfa Remap | Forge Induction kit | Forge actuator | Mtech short shifter | Airtec FMIC | Team Heko wind deflectors | Limo black side/rear window

Offline SusieSue

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2017, 01:31:50 PM »
Hello John, I think the sunroof was about 650 as an option ( apologies if that's wrong) but it was an option that I wasn't really interested in.
The time will pass soon enough I guess, I'm very patient, and time goes to quickly  anyway.☺

Offline CJ

• 695 Member
  • Dino Abartho
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: DN10WMV
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2017, 09:58:46 AM »
You will need a Fuel card  :)
2010 RossoSfr Essesse~ATM Intercooler~FORGE Intake Actuator BOV~Powermotive CAT Back Exhaust~HPSI Hoses~Bluespark~MTEC SS~PC680 Lightweight Battery~AP Coilovers~5F/10R Spacers~17x7 EC SanremoCorse

Offline SusieSue

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2017, 06:57:06 PM »
Okay so I should be picking up my new Abarth Comp this coming Saturday morning, everything is signed and ready, I can't wait😄😄😄😄

Offline Neil R

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2017, 08:19:58 PM »
Only 2 sleeps to go....lol
Pictures on pick up day please.....have fun
Neil.
Abarth 695 XSR Yamaha Limited Edition. Kit Elaborazione.
Carbon Gear stick, Carbon Sill Plates .Smoked Wind Deflectors.