Author Topic: Issues with Uconnect??  (Read 147 times)

Offline grammie

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
Issues with Uconnect??
« on: October 13, 2017, 08:31:39 PM »
Hi all,
Yesterday I got a new phone (Iphone7).  Vodaphone said I would need to connect it with my car, 595 Comp reg Nov 2016. Trouble is it wont.  Car will not pick up a new device and having deleted the Uconnect app from both my phones nothing starts up. Going to the Apple app store Uconnect will not download.  It shows up as "free" and not "get" on the tab you normally click.

So I'm without Uconnect and live nav on a one year old car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any suggestions??

Offline pederb6

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: B-KG 4578
Re: Issues with Uconnect??
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 08:06:50 AM »
Might sound like a stupid question but do you have Bluetooth turned on and the phone paired?
-Peder Beckman-
2017 695 Abarth XSR
Eibach Red Springs
Standard 1.4 T-Jet - Garrett Turbo GT1446
Akrapovic Exhaust

KIT ELABORAZIONE 180HP
BMC Airfilter
Koni FSD Shocks all around
Front M4x38mm red Brembo brake calipers
Front floating drilled and ventilated 305x28mm Brembo discs
FERODO HP1000/1 high

Offline FRZ

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: FRZ 595
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 08:55:53 AM »
I assume  your old phone connected to Uconnect and worked ok, if so it would suggest a problem with the new phone, not the car. The fact the App Store says ‘free’ not ‘get’ means you can’t be logged in with the same Apple ID as before, is there a reason why not? If you are signed in with the same then something is wrong with your apple account or phone/contract set up. As it won’t download the app this suggests this could be the case. Can you download other apps on the new phone?

Another thought, there’s a limit on the number of phones than can be connected to the car, have you removed your old phone before trying to connect the new one?
2016 595c Competizione 180 | Campovolo Grey | Series 4

Offline benjamin_t_monkey

• Barely Abarth
  • 189 of 695 Abarth 695 XSR
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2017, 11:16:54 AM »
I have an iPhone 7 and it works phone with my Uconnect 7" so I doubt it's your phone model.

If it was me, I'd make sure all pairing was deleted on the phone and the Uconnect, leave the car for a few hours or more then when I return hard restart the phone (down volume and power button held until you see the Apple logo) and then try again.

Personally I tend to leave mine unpaired and use CarPlay (you may not have), CarPlay is great and the sound quality is much better for both music and phone. Plus I like to use Apple Map and it works well with Siri and Apple Music.
189 of 695 Abarth 695 XSR

- Garrett Turbo
  - Eibach springs
  - Akrapovic  exhaust
  - BMC filter
  - Kit Elaborazione
    - 180bhp
    - Koni damping
    - Brembo front calipers, drilled front and rear discs

Offline grammie

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2017, 07:36:45 PM »
@FRZ, many thanks for your reply. You appear to be on the money, so I'm guessing you know what you're talking about. Basically Vodaphone said I didn't need to update to the very latest IOS 11 on my brand new IPhone7, apparently there are still issues.

Anyway the Apple app store came up completely different on my phone to my other halfs phone. It appears I DID need the latest IOS11. All done and it seems to be working as well as it should :D :D :D :D Ta

Offline FRZ

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: FRZ 595
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2017, 12:38:28 PM »
I'm glad it worked and you are up and running again.
I know some people had issues with not being able to get the uConnect app to work once they updated to IOS11 (lots of other apps had similar issues) so I assume the Uconnect app was updated soon after to make it IOS11 compatible. I delayed updating my iPhone and when I did it all worked ok. Sounds like you got your new phone right in the middle of all this chaos!
2016 595c Competizione 180 | Campovolo Grey | Series 4