Author Topic: Michelin Pilot Sport 3 or 4?  (Read 210 times)

Offline benjamin_t_monkey

• Barely Abarth
  • 189 of 695 Abarth 695 XSR
    • View Profile
Michelin Pilot Sport 3 or 4?
« on: October 27, 2017, 03:07:36 PM »
Looking to replace the 4 Nero's on my XSR and can't pick. Anyone have anything to throw in on these two?

The PS4 isn't a direct replacement for the PS3 and while I can find plenty of thumbs up for the PS3 on the 595 I can't find much on the PS4.
189 of 695 Abarth 695 XSR

- Garrett Turbo
  - Eibach springs
  - Akrapovic  exhaust
  - BMC filter
  - Kit Elaborazione
    - 180bhp
    - Koni damping
    - Brembo front calipers, drilled front and rear discs

Offline StevieJ

• Abarth Novice
  • Instagram @steviej_abarth
    • View Profile
    • Abarth Owners Club South East
  • Registration Number: SJ07 JAY
Re: Michelin Pilot Sport 3 or 4?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 11:42:00 PM »
As you've seen the PS4's don't come in 205/14 17 size. I have the PS3's on my Comp and they're really good, especially in the wet when compared to the Pirelli.  A lot of people say the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 is as good as or better than the Michelin.
Series 4 Comp - 206bhp & 276ftlb, BMC OTA , Forge BOV & intake, Power Motive exhaust, Bilstein B14's, 12&16mm spacers, DNA rear brace, camber plates, lateral tie rods, MTech, Mishimoto can, Defi boost gauge, wearelikewise shifter, GTT batt cover, red speaker grills, matt black roof & spoiler wrap

Offline Andy595

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2017, 01:10:39 PM »
Looking to replace the 4 Nero's on my XSR and can't pick. Anyone have anything to throw in on these two?

The PS4 isn't a direct replacement for the PS3 and while I can find plenty of thumbs up for the PS3 on the 595 I can't find much on the PS4.

Are you changing because you need to, or just want to?

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2017, 10:57:00 PM »
As you've seen the PS4's don't come in 205/14 17 size. I have the PS3's on my Comp and they're really good, especially in the wet when compared to the Pirelli.  A lot of people say the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 is as good as or better than the Michelin.

Didn't know that about the PS4, that makes that choice easier, I'll take a look at the F1. Thanks for that.

Are you changing because you need to, or just want to?

The Nero's are awful mate, not dangerous or anything just not something I'd want to keep on personally. I thought for a while they were okay but I think the Koni's were fooling me into thinking the tyre was better than they are.

So want to to answer your question.

- Garrett Turbo
  - Eibach springs
  - Akrapovic  exhaust
  - BMC filter
  - Kit Elaborazione
    - 180bhp
    - Koni damping

Offline Andy595

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2017, 10:22:45 AM »
Here was I, thinking you'd  taken the tread off them so quickly ;D

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2017, 10:22:13 AM »
Here was I, thinking you'd  taken the tread off them so quickly ;D

Ha no not yet, although I'm not sure the they last that long from what I've read!
To be fair in the dry I think they are pretty solid but in the wet they are awful.  If I lived in a country where you'd expect sun for most of the year I'd keep them on.

(Although a tyres can be so subjective, I've seen reviews of the P Zero Nero comment on how they are good in the wet).

EDIT - Trying to talk myself out of Yokohama Advan AD08 which would be even worse in the wet, but so so so good in the dry. Would have to go for a 215/40 though.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 12:44:38 PM by benjamin_t_monkey »

- Garrett Turbo
  - Eibach springs
  - Akrapovic  exhaust
  - BMC filter
  - Kit Elaborazione
    - 180bhp
    - Koni damping