Author Topic: Fitting PZero Nero to a Abarth should be a crime  (Read 814 times)

Offline HarrierJint

• Abarth Enthusiast
  • 189 of 695 Abarth 695 XSR
    • View Profile
Fitting PZero Nero to a Abarth should be a crime
« on: May 10, 2018, 08:43:43 PM »
It's been said by many before but the PZero's are just not a good fit for the Abarth. Changed out my PZero for Eagle F1 A2s and the difference is staggering, I knew the PZero's were bad but you just don't realise just how bad till you drive the car with decent rubber.

Honestly feels like a suspension upgrade, the level of grip on the F1's is fantastic.
189 of 695 Abarth 695 XSR

- Garrett Turbo
  - Eibach springs
  - Akrapovic  exhaust
  - BMC filter
  - Kit Elaborazione
    - 180bhp
    - Koni damping
    - Brembo front calipers, drilled front and rear discs
    - FERODO HP 1000 brake pads

Offline StevieJ

• Abarth Enthusiast
  • Modified Abarth - Facebook
    • View Profile
Re: Fitting PZero Nero to a Abarth should be a crime
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2018, 09:25:58 PM »
They're shocking in the wet. I had a Turismo with PZeros on it as a courtesy car while I was waiting for mine to be delivered. Couldn't believe the difference when I finally got my Comp with PS3s.
S4 Comp - remap, TBF intake, Forge BOV, pcv delete, Mishimoto catch can, Power Motive exhaust, Matt Bronze JR29 alloys, Bilstein B14, DNA rear brace, camber plates, lateral tie rods, MTech shifter, Prosport gauge, wearelikewise shifter, GTT batt cover, red speaker grills, matt black roof & spoiler

Offline jenniferlouise

• 695 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 11:38:10 AM »
I completely get the arguments for ride and grip, and agree with the less than awesome traction in poor weather, but there is a relationship with Italian black circles and an Abarth. The P Zeros look great too. Just take a few MPH off and every corner can be a happy one... just an opinion.  8)
Abarth history : 2014 595C Turismo Scorpione Black I 2016 595C Turismo Podium Blue I 2017 695C Yamaha XSR Circuit Grey #035 I saga will be continued...

Offline StevieJ

• Abarth Enthusiast
  • Modified Abarth - Facebook
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 08:05:28 AM »
...there is a relationship with Italian black circles and an Abarth. The P Zeros look great too. Just take a few MPH off and every corner can be a happy one... just an opinion.  8)

My S4 Comp with Performance Pack came fitted with Michelin PS3, also I don't push it in the wet. I've experienced both tyres and have found the front end grip much better with the Michelins.
S4 Comp - remap, TBF intake, Forge BOV, pcv delete, Mishimoto catch can, Power Motive exhaust, Matt Bronze JR29 alloys, Bilstein B14, DNA rear brace, camber plates, lateral tie rods, MTech shifter, Prosport gauge, wearelikewise shifter, GTT batt cover, red speaker grills, matt black roof & spoiler

Offline Richard H

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: LL16 PXK
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 08:15:49 PM »
Iíve had Pirelli shod 500s and Michelin PS3 on our latest 595, all were 140 bhp.

There is no doubt that the PS3 are a better tyre, but the Neroís are not as bad as some make out. It just proves how good the, made in Italy, Michelinís are

Offline HarrierJint

• Abarth Enthusiast
  • 189 of 695 Abarth 695 XSR
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2018, 10:40:14 AM »
Iíve had Pirelli shod 500s and Michelin PS3 on our latest 595, all were 140 bhp.

There is no doubt that the PS3 are a better tyre, but the Neroís are not as bad as some make out. It just proves how good the, made in Italy, Michelinís are

Once you start getting up and over 180bhp the difference is easier to see I think.
189 of 695 Abarth 695 XSR

- Garrett Turbo
  - Eibach springs
  - Akrapovic  exhaust
  - BMC filter
  - Kit Elaborazione
    - 180bhp
    - Koni damping
    - Brembo front calipers, drilled front and rear discs
    - FERODO HP 1000 brake pads

Offline James King

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
    • Team Buschfink Racing
  • Registration Number: SD14 OTU
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2018, 12:58:47 PM »
I'm in the very interesting situation of having not one, not two, but THREE different manufacturers of tyre on my APE. The right rear is a PZero Nero, right front is a Matador, and then the left side are another obscure manufacturer! I'm thinking of going for Dunlops or Goodyears as they are both roughly the same price, rated the same and I'm only doing some 'spirited' driving rather than thrashing the life out of it so don't need to be breaking the bank on performance tyres.