Author Topic: New High Spec Competizione or Biposto  (Read 135 times)

Offline Nazman

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
New High Spec Competizione or Biposto
« on: September 16, 2018, 09:28:45 AM »
Hey guys,

I'm looking to buy my first Abarth.... I'm torn between a near new Biposto or a brand new Competizione with all the bells and whistles.   The downside of the Biposto is only 2 seats and no gadgets.... and the downside of the Competizione is 10hp less and not as exclusive.  What would you go for and why?

Offline Andy595

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
Re: New High Spec Competizione or Biposto
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 03:04:16 PM »
Hi Nazman
The Biposto is very, very exclusive, if you can live without the gadgets and stuff you are unlikely to be disappointed, the Comp is more frequently seen, but has the advantage of the 4 seats if required and can of course have either a remap or tuning box to get beyond the 190 bhp of the Biposto. I suppose the Biposto can also be remapped or have a box fitted so could be a mute point.
The choice is clearly yours and I am sure you will not stop smiling whichever you choose.
You did ask which we would choose and why...
If I were still working with a daily grinding commute I would choose the Comp. As I am not, and use the car on a lot more infrequent basis, I would choose the Biposto for the sheer hell of it🇮🇹👹
Andy

Offline Nazman

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 04:13:16 PM »
I'm inclines toward the Biposto 2 main reasons:
1. 0-60 is 5.9seconds
2. Limited editions so is nice and exclusive, and the various performance part as stock.
3. I'm not a big into modifications from stock

The reason I'm hesitating is:
1. 2 seats
2. value drops sharply
3. huge price difference.
4.Slow 0-60 time in Competizione

SO does the Biposto really feel a great deal faster than a Competizione?  I think that would help my descision. Anyone with any experience with this?

Offline Andy595

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2018, 03:15:49 PM »
I wouldn’t have described the Comp as having slow 0 - 60 times but it depends what you are used to! What is your car history like?

Again I would think your choice could be influenced by a daily commute as there is little point having a jet fighter when stationary in traffic.

Andy

Offline Nazman

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2018, 04:12:56 PM »
I travel a lot therefore I wouldn't be using it daily, just something that is a bit of fun and a bit special. its a tough choice but I'm not sure if the huge price difference justifies the Biposto Record, esp as future values are not guaranteed even if it is limited edition. 
To answer your question, my other car does 0-60 in 4.1sec but its bigger and can't be thrown around like a little 595.  By chance I happened to hire a 595 Competizione one when arriving back from a trip overseas last month, I fell in love with it and thought I want one!