Author Topic: Remap from Celtic tuning  (Read 57 times)

Offline Mrtwm1

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
Remap from Celtic tuning
« on: September 16, 2018, 11:25:07 AM »
Hi everyone
I'm new, so very sorry if you've had this conversation before...
Got my 124 Spider a couple of months ago and love it dearly. But...I had a mini cooper s with works 210 pack before and that felt a fair bit quicker.
So I'd like to get the Spider tuned up to about 200bhp and I hear celtic tuning are good. They can do 205bhp for 360 which sounds reasonable. They say they've tuned loads of spiders now and never had any issues. I'm based in bromsgrove and they can send a mobile filter to me.
Anyone used them before? Any good? Any issues? Any recommendations?
Cheers
Tom

Offline HarrierJint

• Abarth Enthusiast
  • 189 of 695 Abarth 695 XSR
    • View Profile
Re: Remap from Celtic tuning
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 04:21:15 PM »
I think US tuners have had this engine up and over 250 bhp so the engine should be fine with 200bhp (frankly I'd have been throwing money at Abarth if the GT had come with 205bhp like I expected it would, it weighs less than the new Alpine, 200-220 bhp would have been fantastic), the main issue I think would be the gearbox, but that should be fine with 205bhp and it would be higher power that it would struggle with.
189 of 695 Abarth 695 XSR

- Garrett Turbo
  - Eibach springs
  - Akrapovic  exhaust
  - BMC filter
  - Kit Elaborazione
    - 180bhp
    - Koni damping
    - Brembo front calipers, drilled front and rear discs
    - FERODO HP 1000 brake pads

Offline Mrtwm1

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
Re: Remap from Celtic tuning
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 07:50:28 PM »
Thanks harrier jint
Yeah I think 205 horses will be ideal, it's already a pretty quick car so long as you're in the right gear and have some revs on the clock!
Might need to get the exhaust checked as well, it gets a bit clattery above 3000 rpm in sport mode so I think the flaps might be malfunctioning.
Other than that, what a great car.