Author Topic: New 2018 595 Comp - No BMC filter  (Read 270 times)

Offline badcav203

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
New 2018 595 Comp - No BMC filter
« on: January 21, 2019, 04:24:24 PM »
Hi all,

New here after collecting my first Abarth 595 Comp last week.
Loving the car, coming from big German cars over the last few years it's certainly a change of direction!

Seen a few mentions about current 595 Comp and what is included vs older versions.

One of the things I thought was included was a BMC filter in the Airbox. When looking over the weekend I noticed that there was no BMC sticker on the Airbox.  I opened the box to take a look. To my surprise the standard Yellow/Orange filter is fitted. Not sure if this is correct or not?

I have seen mention that certain other 'Finishing items' [Alu Caps, Carbon Kick plates] are no longer included, but, I am confused by some comments on forums about how these are dealer fitted during PDI and sometimes are not installed.

I have queried this and been told that for the Euro 6 spec this is now not included and the other items have always been optional extras?
I have found complete 'Comp' finishing kits for sale which only raises further confusion as clearly this pack of items exist.

Just wondering if anyone would know the accuracy of this?

Thanks,

Offline RvB

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
Re: New 2018 595 Comp - No BMC filter
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 08:15:32 AM »
I had the same with my Turismo, albeit mine was pre the wltp changeover and registered in June 18. It was missing the BMC filter and aluminium fuel cap. I asked Abarth customer services what the score was and if they should be present and they sorted it out with the dealer to have them fitted. It seems the cars come already configured now except for the filter and fuel cap and the dealer is supposed to order the kit in and fit them, seems some don't!

Still shows a BMC filter as being part of the spec on both Turismo and Comp on the Abarth website.

Offline Neil R

• 695 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 09:05:26 AM »
Contact Abarth customer services to confirm what should be on the car, they will help you if the parts are missing.
Neil.
Abarth 695 XSR Yamaha Limited Edition. Kit Elaborazione.
Carbon Gear stick, Carbon Sill Plates .Smoked Wind Deflectors.

Offline badcav203

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2019, 07:18:20 PM »
Thanks!

Raised a help ticket with Abarth CS yeaterday evening.

Call back from Magenta, Lombardy, Italy today!
Asked specifically what I was told by the dealer and said they would be in contact after speaking to the dealer.

See what happens next!

Offline jpgibson

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2019, 08:31:22 AM »
In Oz, the 2018 had no BMC or finishing kit. Mine didnt have anything , I contacted Fiat, they conformed that. No biggie for me- the alloy fuel cap was a pain ( and non locking, I dont care about the oil filler, happy with a  paper airfilter and non carbon scuff plates. I'd rather have the funky steering wheel with the carbon bling!
2018 595 Competizione