Author Topic: Why do many car reviewers dislike the 595 esp Dualogic???  (Read 216 times)

Offline jpgibson

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
Why do many car reviewers dislike the 595 esp Dualogic???
« on: February 06, 2019, 03:58:42 AM »
If I'd believed most of the reviews I'd have never looked at the 595. Terrible driving position, hard plastics, woeful automated gearbox, terrible turning circle, unreliable, hideously overpriced, terrible ride.....but cute.
I love the leather 'normal' seats, I'm 6'3" and it fits me like a glove ( just bought a 2015 Turismo), yes, the turning circle is appalling but pretty much that's it.
My phone works with the Blue&Me, my music sounds fine through the aux in, the suspension is awesome ( firm, controlled , not jarring- they obviously never tested the series 1 mazda 3 MPS: rock hard springs and no damping), the Dualogic is fine ( just using manual mode), the aircon is the coldest I've had ( and I'm in Australia in summer),
the engine is a peach, the standard brakes are plenty good enough ( even though I'd like Brembos), the steering is awesome ( dont know they have non sport mode) and it looks great and makes me ( and seemingly those outside) smile!
Good job Abarth!

2018 595 Competizione

Offline Geoffxb

• Abarth Professional
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: XXI5984
Re: Why do many car reviewers dislike the 595 esp Dualogic???
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2019, 09:45:05 AM »
Sounds good to me x
Super Duper spider

Offline Neil R

• 695 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019, 08:36:31 PM »
Just a fun car to drive and always puts a smile on your face.....Enjoy
Neil.
Abarth 695 XSR Yamaha Limited Edition. Kit Elaborazione.
Carbon Gear stick, Carbon Sill Plates .Smoked Wind Deflectors.

Offline Colin

• Events Manager
  • 695 Member
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: RX65URG
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2019, 03:21:29 PM »
if I believed the journalists, I would never have owned any of the cars I have...... and yet, not a single one of the ones I have had has disappointed me. They are very focused in their priorities - which are probably not the same as those of any of us (who actually have to pay for the cars we drive and don't have a limitless supply of loaners!).   
Abarth 595 Competizione 180: Cordolo Red: Red Leather Sabelts: Skydome

It replaced: 

Abarth 500 NP: Pasadoble Red: Red Leather: SkyDome: Climate: 17" Petals

Offline 137699

• Abarth Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2019, 10:23:31 AM »
The 595 is a car you buy because you HAVE to have one.
They're a hoot to drive but in all honesty, the reviews are correct.

The gearbox is slow and ponderous compared with modern dual-clutch boxes.
The suspension isn't great. It's not as hard as some would have you believe but when you've driven a really well-sorted great-handling car you realise how poor the cornering is on a 595 and how difficult it is to get the power down and usable.

The interior isn't bad, it's woeful. It's comparable with what other manufacturers were knocking out in in the 90s - all hard scratchy plastics - not a soft-touch surface in sight.  And while the driving position may work for some, for most it's uncomfortable at best and the pedal placement is terrible.

If YOU like the 595 (and most of us do or we wouldn't be here) then that's all that matters.

As a "fun" car it hits the mark. As a "drivers" car, it's well off it by modern standards.