Author Topic: Car mat confusion  (Read 56 times)

Offline jommjomm

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
Car mat confusion
« on: January 14, 2020, 06:18:40 PM »
Hi all,

I just received my Abarth 595 today, but having an issue with the mats. Unfortunately it didnít come with any so I found the leather/fabric ones online and purchased them in advance. They have the little alloy caps with screws for fitting; my car, it turns out, has little plastic pop studs which means I canít fit my mats.

Are these plastic studs removable or do I have the wrong mats? My car is the Turismo, registered 2018, so should be the latest iteration aside from the 70th anniversary bits and bobs. A search for ĎAbarth 595 2018í mats returns the mats I have or the single middle pop stud version of the previous iteration of the 500/595.

If anyone has any advice on this it would be appreciated, Iíve contacted the original seller (Mangoletsi) to see what they say but waiting on a reply still. Iím thinking the previous owner sold the mats (theyíre pretty costly) or the dealer removed them as the interior carpet is absolutely pristine. Not to mention the previous owner paid the extra cash for the non-standard Record Grey paint and 7inch Nav screen, seems unlikely she went without any mats; purely speculation though.

Thanks.

Offline CJ

• 695 Member
  • Dino Abartho
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: DN10WMV
Re: Car mat confusion
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 09:49:21 AM »
Hi Jomm

You can remove the single plastic stud on the floor - it should just unscrew i think and use the alloy ones from your new mats

CJ
2010 RossoSfr Essesse~ATM Intercooler~FORGE Intake Actuator BOV~Powermotive CAT Back Exhaust~HPSI Hoses~Bluespark~MTEC SS~PC680 Lightweight Battery~Direnza Coilovers~5F/10R Spacers~17x7 EC SanremoCorse-215/40 Goodyear F1-a little sprinkle of Alcantara

Offline jommjomm

• Barely Abarth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2020, 12:05:56 PM »
Hi CJ,

Thanks for reply, there are actually 2 plastic studs on the floor and any attempts to manipulate them didnít go anywhere, very little movement. I didnít want to apply too much force and break them in case thatís just how they were meant to be and then Iíd be buggered.

Will try unscrewing them now once more before I send the mats back.

Cheers!

Offline CJ

• 695 Member
  • Dino Abartho
    • View Profile
  • Registration Number: DN10WMV
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2020, 05:42:32 PM »
My plastic studs are literally screwed into the carpet which are not secure but hold in place, then the mats locate onto the stud.

Hope you sort it

CJ

2010 RossoSfr Essesse~ATM Intercooler~FORGE Intake Actuator BOV~Powermotive CAT Back Exhaust~HPSI Hoses~Bluespark~MTEC SS~PC680 Lightweight Battery~Direnza Coilovers~5F/10R Spacers~17x7 EC SanremoCorse-215/40 Goodyear F1-a little sprinkle of Alcantara